Shocked at photos in BD magazine

Bedlam

Visit site
Genuinely shocked at photos of 'New Season Partnerships" on page 27 of current issue of BD magazine.

Both photos show riders seemingly unaware that they are riding horses in different coloured numnahs and bandages. Words are just not enough - what on earth are we to think? I suppose we could argue that these riders are young, but what on earth are their parents thinking?

(To add to the indignity, both girls seem to be wearing well fitted and fastened hats.......)

Amaranta

Visit site
I must admit, I saw that too and was very shocked and the distinct lack of matchy matchy.

Mind you, and please dont report me to any powers that be, but I don't ride any of mine matchy matchy, do you think their performances would improve if I did?

Apercrumbie

Visit site
I must admit, I saw that too and was very shocked and the distinct lack of matchy matchy.

Mind you, and please dont report me to any powers that be, but I don't ride any of mine matchy matchy, do you think their performances would improve if I did?

Of course their performances would improve!! Didn't you know that it's physically impossible for a horse to work properly unless it's wearing matchy matchy? :D

MrsMozart

Just passing through...
Visit site
What???!!!

Oh for goodness sake!, don't these people realise what message they are sending to the great unwashed??

Really, there should be a flaming law against it :mad:

*wanders off to gibber quietly at the youth of today, and try and find glasses/hearing aid/zimmer frame and the original copy of The Manual of Horsemanship*

P.S. Whatever you do OP, don't post this in Comp Riders, some of the poor loves in there will never recover:eek::rolleyes:

GlamourDol

Visit site
This never would have happened in my day! lol
Actually i seem to remember somebody being sent back to the stables in Samuar because they'd thought it would be fun to put two different colours of bandages on.

tallyho!

Following a strict mediterranean diet...
Visit site
Good god! I need therapy after reading that there is a matchy matchy travesty out there...

Agree don't tell CR.

MrsMozart

Just passing through...
Visit site
Bumping this as it really needs people to get behind the movement, that and I've found my latest interior decorating magazine and an old copy of Vogue magazine, so feel well qualified to comment.

:eek::D:D:D

Mrs B

Visit site
Well, if ever I get round to having anything that matches (even the horse's legs don't) do rest assured that ALL my bandages and saddle cloths will have Eeyore on them.

MrsMozart

Just passing through...
Visit site
Mrs M? Do you think a Tigger tail bandage would be one step too far? I'd hate for him to look silly :eek:

Hm. I think that, having given it due thought and consideration, weighing up one aspect against the other, I believe that it it's Eeyore on the rest, then one cannot, with any due care and consideration, have a Tigger on the Tail!