Shockemohle bridle - stupidly small crank flash!

esselle

Visit site
Have just bought a gorgeous new Shockemohle bridle in brown with brass fittings (to match breastplate). Its lovely and is a generous full (as i wanted) all apart from the crank flash noseband which is ridiculously small!!

Has anyone else found this with these bridles and if so, did you just send the whole thing back? Im thinking it wont be so easy to find a seperate noseband with brass fittings on its own!

Very disappointing :(

kirstie

Visit site
No, I've found the opposite with mine- if I actually wanted the 'crank' action I'd have to put extra holes in the leather to make it tighter. Perhaps contact the retailer as that doesn't sound right at all.

Floxie

Visit site
I found this - I just got a saddler to make me a longer strap and replaced it. They can use the buckle you have, surely.

Toby_Zaphod

Visit site
Any reputable saddler, proper saddler who makes bridles etc rather than just being a shop keeper selling ready made stuff, should be able to make you a replacement strap. If you have a strap that will do the job then get the saddler to replace the buckle with the type you want. It shouldn't cost much to do that job. My wife used to be a bridle stitcher by trade & does this sort of thing with ease so a saddler should also be able to help you out.

Floxie

Visit site
It's dead easy cos the nice top bit is symmetrical - the bit you need to be longer is (usually) less fancy and nicely hidden. I had a padded patent crank noseband that was obviously designed for unicorns or something - but the crank strap is just a plain ole leather band and a doddle to get a replacement :)

Last edited: