Shocking case of violence and abuse in Argentina

PapaFrita

pilar-larcade.com
Please comment/share as much as possible. This kind of violence and cruelty should NOT go unpunished

By Mr Carlos Cordoba (C&P from his post in Chronicle of the Horse)

I'm am sorry to post this, and I know it has not even happened in your country, but it is important that we all revolt against terrible acts of cruelty in our sport, no matter where they are. I am embarrassed, to say the least, that this person is registered in our National Federation and owns of a breeding farm. I am embarrassed of how low a human being can go, leaded basically by his ego.

A few weeks ago a fantastic, beautiful stallion was shot to death by his owner and amateur rider because he refused and reared in front of an obstacle during training. This rider was thrown off and in a barbaric act, went to his car, got his handgun and shot the horse. Unfortunately, he did not die immediately but had to be shot later, a second time, to put him out of his misery. All this happened in front of his trainer and rider at the farm belonging to said amateur.

As of now, a group of amateur riders are trying to make our Federation react against this act, to no avail. Unfortunately, he is a wealthy sponsor and multiple horse owner with various pros in the ring, which makes things harder and slower. We are still working on trying to get written testimony of the act, although this man has admitted to the crime in front of Federation representatives. We have contacted FEI in regards to actions that should be taken by our Federation, although we have no response from them yet.

I surely hope that there will be severe sanctions against this person. This is not the type of co-competitor I want or need. This is not the type of breeder I would buy from. This is not the type of human I would like to be share the world with.

I am posting a beautiful round of the stallion (not ridden by his amateur rider but by a pro),

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CQqkhQ3yG-Y

https://www.facebook.com/haras.ambato
(scroll down, after five horse videos, since it was posted today)

dunkley

Visit site
Completely disgusting. It doesn't matter who he is, or how much money he has, he needs dealing with - properly - and at the highest level. Poor, poor horse .................... :(

nikicb

www.facebook.com
I am still trying to get my head around it after seeing it on Facebook. Sadly there will always be people like this in society so preventing this sort of thing ever happening again is impossible, but all concerned should receive appropriate punishment (after fair trial). What a sad day for the sport. :(

flyingfeet

Visit site
I agree it is awful, and sounds like this man has a horrible temper

However as it was on his own private property I don't think there is anything that can be done?

Do you have the equivalent of the RSPCA over there who can take them to court for cruelty, and then would trainer / others present testify against him? (Which would only cover the horse not dying immediately and suffering, not the act of euthanasia itself)