Shoppers - headcollars

Meowy Catkin

Meow!
Visit site
Has anyone bought a really nice headcollar recently? I'm after a synthetic one to replace a broken one as I don't like to use the leather one when it's peeing down with rain. Cob size. :)

Meowy Catkin

Meow!
Visit site
I do like that. :) It would look fab on my grey. Could I get away with it on a chestnut though, or would my eyes bleed?

*goes to look at the other colours*

Meowy Catkin

Meow!
Visit site
So. Much. Choice.
freakout.gif

Annie B.

Visit site
Pleased with quality of stitching and buckles and that it has an adjustable nose band so ok for dentist visits. Longevity I can't comment on as I only purchased at Burghley horse trials but I purchased it from Wychanger saddlery who were doing a deal on head collar and matching lead rope so it might be worth seeing if they are doing a good deal on line.

rosiesowner

Visit site
KM elite headcollars are brilliant. Chilli has had hers since I've had her. Lasted daily use and being a bit abused for over a year and still going very strong! Looks nearly new. Love it!

Sussexbythesea

Visit site
I only ever buy Shires as I like the noseband that unbuckles as it's very handy for putting bridles on and off whilst still having the head collar on. It also has the throat bit that unclips and the headpiece that unbuckles. There inexpensive and great for everyday use.

Britestar

Visit site
Why do they all have a hanging ring at the bottom? I hate this and think its really dangerous - so easy for them to catch it on things.

I spend all my time looking for 'old fashioned' rings at the bottom.

Meowy Catkin

Meow!
Visit site
Yes the continental style headcollars are much easier to find these days than what I guess is the old English style. I do have a Cottage Craft one that adjusts on the poll strap, throat lash and on top of the noseband. I wonder how much they cost these days? It really has surprised me how large the price range is for synthetic headcollars. I haven't had to buy one for ages and ages.

Sophire

Visit site
I haven't had an Argie style KM headcollar, just have the plain ones with the padded headpiece. I've had one for 4+ years and one since I got the horse 2.5 years ago. Still going strong although may just need to replace the leadrope soon.