Shoppers - looking for old fashioned summer sheets..

WelshD

Visit site
I'm looking for old fashioned summer sheets:

white or cream background
red AND navy blue overcheck - not just red or blue
navy binding
the old fashioned soft brushed cotton sort of material

I don't suppose anyone knows of any companies that make these still please? I have a real nostalgic hankering for one....

Ella19

Visit site
I know what you mean but can't for the life of me remember the supplier. Equitogs in billingshurst west sussex stock them. Give them a call.

Llanali

Visit site
I can't find any online but I had several cream with navy or forest over check ones made by Clyst Collection . online is only showing a cooler version.

indie1282

Visit site
I can't find any online but I had several cream with navy or forest over check ones made by Clyst Collection . online is only showing a cooler version.

Blimey - i remember Clyst rugs! Everyone used to have one years ago lol. I had a red/navy and a green/navy check for each of my ponies.

Enfys

Visit site
I rue the day I threw my old clyst away :( Mind, it wouldn't fit anything I have now, but even so - dumb move.

OP, I believe you are looking for Tattersall sheets. Tattersall is the name of the type of pattern, but also is (used to be anyway) synonymous with the cream check sheets. I have absolutely no idea who makes them now, we used to get ours from Gibsons in Newmarket for the racehorses.

http://www.bing.com/images/search?q...bffa33f84a3760143257ede78517a719o0&ajaxhist=0

Last edited:

WelshD

Visit site
Thank you all

Thank you for the name of the design Enfys, using that to google I found that one of my local shops makes exercise sheets, I will drop I and ask about rugs thank you.

Will follow up all leads too though thank you all

Clyst rugs come up a lot on eBay so anyone with a hankering for one of those should check out eBay :)

flaxen

Visit site
Royston/ will funnel do a checked summer sheet range. Also found some on ebay but cant post link.