Shopping help! 'Double buckle' nosebands?

Jo1987

Visit site
I'm hoping someone can help me find what I'm looking for, I'm struggling as I don't actually know the correct name for it!
I have a Shires Avignon snaffle bridle, it's a nice every day bridle and fits my horse well, but I'd like to upgrade it to my special occasions bridle. I've put a sparkly browband on (little bit tacky, I find I don't care!) and now need a slightly chunkier noseband than the original.
The problem is that the bridle has an 'all in one' comfort headpiece, meaning that the noseband doesn't have a strap over the poll, but buckles to each side of the bridle. Can anyone tell me where I can find a nice (preferably non-crank cavesson) noseband that has these attachments, or even tell me what they're called so I can find them myself?!
Thanks in advance!

Cortez

Tough but Fair
Visit site
If you have a local saddler it is very easy to change the over-the-head strap on a regular noseband to a second buckle to fit your headpiece.

Jo1987

Visit site
Brilliant, thanks both! I should have thought of our local repair guy, he works wonders with ripped rugs, I'd forgotten he does tack as well!

milliepops

Wears headscarf aggressively
Visit site
Just check the width of the noseband hanger before you order. I bought one from Morgan Equine for my Sabre bridle - it was loads cheaper and a nice noseband BUT it had 1/2" cheeks and my bridle is 5/8".

Had to cave in and buy the Sabre one - it's lovely but was much more ££!