Shopping help - wedding guest (yes this is meant to go in The Tack Room, really)

abbijay

Visit site
Clever HHO shoppers I'm coming to beg your mercy on a shopping hunt!
I am going to a wedding in Scotland in November and we have been advised to bring "wellies or walking boots" as it is muddy around the grounds. Now as a horsey lass I, of course, have wellies, walking boots and yard boots but they are all well used (I think in accordance with the "looking homeless on the yard thread") and have that lingering odour of muck heaps.
I'm not buying a new outfit; I'm recycling a dress from last year and have taken an old tweed coat to a seamstress for an update but I thought this would be a perfect opportunity to buy guilt free new yard or riding boots that can double as wedding shoes first.
I don't have a mega budget, ideally under £150 (if I was buying actual wedding shoes I'd say about £40 but these will actually get worn after!) but I'd like something that will look dapper with my tweed. Does anyone have any suggestions?

YorksG

Over the hill and far awa
Visit site
I bought a pair of "Ryedale" Italian riding boots (country boots wih a zip on the outside of the leg) a coupe of years ago, they were within your budget, look good and have lasted quite well. I don't always rate ryedale footwear, but these are realy nice waxed leather :)

gryff

Visit site
I really like my Shires Moretta Nella boots. Mine are a few years old now, but whenever I clean them up with some Renapur, they look fab.

Apercrumbie

Visit site
I think wellies and a dress will look better than yard boots. With that budget you could get a pair of Le Chameau or Aigle wellies if you wanted to avoid Hunters.

Oh my goodness, wellies autocorrects to willies in my browser :eek: