Shopping trips that get sidetracked

Gusbear

Was Richmond, Surrey now a mountain forest in Oz.
Visit site
My lovely YO just text me to say she took her daughter out today on a shopping trip to get her a new duvet cover.
They somehow managed to come home with a Pygmy goat instead. 😳
Anyone else gone out for one thing but come home with something completely different?
I once went out to get some car seat covers and came home with a new car.

The Fuzzy Furry

Getting old disgracefully
Visit site
Sounds like you might have been a little confused in the first place! Winter coat or summer T-shirt?:p
Winter coat shopping at xmas, saw a lovely mini shetland, so enquired and purchased mail order and she arrived 3 weeks later on a Gillie bus.... 4 years later did almost exactly the same with another one in a different colour....
Last summer looking for t shirts, I got distracted again as you do, and ended up buying B fuzzy on the strength of breeding and photos, yet again another Gillie bus delivery a fortnight later 😂

HappyHollyDays

Slave to 2 cats and 2 ponies
Visit site
In NI you have to take your car to an MOT test centre and I had never had to do it before. My husband wasn't there to do it for me so I took the car to the garage for a pre MOT service and came out with a brand new car so I didn't have to take the old one to the test centre.

I also went on holiday to Germany, saw DP as a 3yr old and he arrived on a Parker's lorry two weeks later. I was 50, had hardly ridden anything for 25 years and the last thing I needed was a 3 yr old very opinionated warmblood but hey ho he is 9 now and I still have him.

Snowfilly

Visit site
I've been idly trawling the internet whilst slumped on the sofa - for winter coats or summer t shirts and brought a fuzzy instead , not once, but 3 times in last 8 years! 😂 Last one was in June last year.....

Oops... Brought a welsh d from a group I joined to research colour genetics and adopted an elderly cat while searching facebook for a dog crate.

Mum went to a show to watch the connemaras as a client of hers was riding. She fell in love with a pregnant highland mare, brought the unborn foal on te spot and still has him 21 years later...

We're not generally allowed out unsupervised!

Green Bean

Visit site
Went to buy new steps for our touring caravan and needed to see it was the right height so walked out to the caravan sale area, put the steps down outside their show caravan and fatally peaked inside. Needless to say, we came home with a new caravan! Still can’t live that down 🤣

poiuytrewq

Visit site
One time my dear OH went to check a saddle - and he came back with a guinea pig. On another occasion he went into the chemist to get some paracetamol - and he ended up re-homing a rabbit! :rolleyes:
I’ve done similar! When my daughter was smaller and we were doing work on our house. The builder ran out of some stuff. Being a Sunday and his normal places shut he sent me off on a little trip to find this stuff.
Eventually found some at a builders yard which happened to have a pet shop next door, which had a big adult rabbit that had been returned having been bought as a baby because one of its ears went up and one down 😢
Obviously he came home with us 😉