Shops that can stay open in lockdown

palo1

Visit site
I hope we can still have our replacement washing machine delivered! :( 4 of us here and dogs will make for some sort of handwashing routine...As well as handwashing also hand- washing iykwim!!

Reactions: DD
Visit site
Royal mail and Amazon are both still delivering. Hermes aren't iirc, not sure about other couriers.
I have snails due with "royal mail special service" on Thursday ?? supposed to be my mum's mothers Day gift!!

poiuytrewq

Visit site
Even if places are delivering and I’m sure I will order something during this time I would just like to mention a thread on my FB this evening. It was on a local page but made me think.
A lady asked if it was ok to order stuff for delivery and a few posties replied. Both stated that they were doing their best but were getting overwhelmed with the sheer amount they had to deliver alongside the fear of not knowing who had touched the parcels etc
So just be thoughtful. They are still having to do their jobs and I’m grateful for that. Let’s not go crazy and make life harder or more dangerous for them.

Visit site
Even if places are delivering and I’m sure I will order something during this time I would just like to mention a thread on my FB this evening. It was on a local page but made me think.
A lady asked if it was ok to order stuff for delivery and a few posties replied. Both stated that they were doing their best but were getting overwhelmed with the sheer amount they had to deliver alongside the fear of not knowing who had touched the parcels etc
So just be thoughtful. They are still having to do their jobs and I’m grateful for that. Let’s not go crazy and make life harder or more dangerous for them.
Amazon are doing essentials only I think. Food/drink, pet supplies, can't remember what else is included though. They must have basic things in place to protect their workers though surely - even just gloves and masks when handling parcels?? If not they really ought to. :-/

poiuytrewq

Visit site
Amazon are doing essentials only I think. Food/drink, pet supplies, can't remember what else is included though. They must have basic things in place to protect their workers though surely - even just gloves and masks when handling parcels?? If not they really ought to. :-/
I’d imagine so yes. Still not something I’d particularly want to do. I notice they no longer get a signature and prefer to just leave stuff even if your home.

Visit site
I’d imagine so yes. Still not something I’d particularly want to do. I notice they no longer get a signature and prefer to just leave stuff even if your home.
It says on their website they're doing id verification from a distance. Whatever that means.
It's quite concerning. I know my region has one depot for most of the county so these people do get around. Good hosts for carrying the virus about. I feel horribly guilty for ordering things earlier in the week now, never would've done so in a million years if I knew this would happen ?

Goldenstar

Visit site
unless it contains something perishable put the parcel some where safe for seventy two hours wash your hands it will be safe .

cbmcts

Visit site
Royal mail and Amazon are both still delivering. Hermes aren't iirc, not sure about other couriers.
I have snails due with "royal mail special service" on Thursday ?? supposed to be my mum's mothers Day gift!!

I have a Hermes delivery due today (dog food) - tracking says it's out for delivery today...

criso

Coming over here & taking your jobs since 1900
Visit site
Michael Gove was on Radio 4 this morning and specifically said that online shopping for non essentials items is fine. Also if you need a tradesman e.g, plumber that's fine too as long as you practise social distancing.

That may all change though.

criso

Coming over here & taking your jobs since 1900
Visit site

Didin't at the weekend, ordered some supplements and someone else in the block had ordered something. He handed it over and nothing protective.

Jill's Gym Karma

Visit site
Michael Gove was on Radio 4 this morning and specifically said that online shopping for non essentials items is fine. Also if you need a tradesman e.g, plumber that's fine too as long as you practise social distancing.

That may all change though.

I've just had someone round to repair my oven and a guy is looking at my leaking gutters right now (both booked weeks ago). I hope this kind of work can continue; the people who do it can't realistically work from home and tradie jobs don't involve close interaction with people.

Floofball

Visit site
I ordered from next last night and Hermes are delivering today, the email asks for a chosen place to leave the parcel so drivers don’t need to knock.
I have workmen due week after next but it’s not going to happen, the jobs do need doing but it’s not essential and I don’t want them in my house. If there was an emergency or an essential item needed replacing I would hope that could be sorted.
A lot more clarity is needed on what people are expected to do as everyone interprets it differently ?‍♀️

Orangehorse

Visit site
Just had a parcel delivery, he left it outside in the sunshine. Also the guy working in the house opposite has come to work as normal this morning, but he is by himself.

Cowpony

Visit site
I've just had to order an ethernet cable and adapter for my work laptop as it's decided that connecting to the wifi isn't essential work. I can do a limited amount of work on my home laptop but can't access all the files I need, so I regard my order as essential! I had arranged to take the laptop into the office this morning, but after the announcement yesterday thought I'd better check first as it's at least an hour's drive. If I'd known this was coming I could have popped over to PCWorld yesterday, but hindsight and all that......