Shortage of shavings...

Stasha22

Visit site
I have just spoken to a couple of shavings suppliers and they have all advised me that there is a massive shortage this winter and shavings could become like gold dust.

Anyone else heard anything like this? Is it true?

Rambo

Visit site
Presumably, as there is a shortage of straw (so i've heard) then people will switch to shavings and other forms of bedding thus causing a shortage of those too
crazy.gif

Any excuse to put the price up really
tongue.gif

JACQSZOO

Visit site
My YO has just bought pallets and pallets of the stuff as he too has heard off several people that there will be a shortage this year.

Not sure why or even if its true. Perhaps its a cunning sales technique?

miamibear

Visit site
I havent heard, i have just gone on shavings and supplies are good at the moment.

Im not panicing because straw is in the price of the livery so if necessary i will just go back to straw!!

wizzi901

www.pony4u.co.uk
They will all use this so they can bump up the prices! They say it every year, although could be a shortage...I dunno! But no problems in our area.

Tempi

Visit site
Im not going to be paniking either as like you straw is avaliable all the time at my yard so if needs be il swap back for a bit.

However when i picked up my shavings last weekend they didnt mention anything about a shortage..........
crazy.gif