Shortest ride in history!

eggs

Visit site
Well, I have broken my own record in managing to hit the ground within approximately 30 seconds of getting on a horse only this time I didn't actually manage to even get on the horse as I fell off the mounting block whilst trying to get on him! Poor Mr Z just stood there looking at me as I crashed down under his front feet. I did get pick myself up and manage to get on but having hit the side of the school pretty hard on the way down I am now pretty sore.

Last edited:

skint1

Visit site
Oh no! Hope you're feeling better soon, it's always those falls that seem like nothing that hurt the most

Fiona

Visit site
I did the same a while back, and even more embarrassingly it was at my instructors place. F spooked as I was getting on, and shot off at a canter before I got my right leg over, never mind into the stirrup.

You have my sympathies x x x

Fiona

eggs

Visit site
In fairness to me he did take a step forward (usually he doesn't move an inch) just as I was hopping to get on and I hopped straight off the block. For a few nasty seconds my foot was caught in the stirrup as I was plunging towards the floor. My wrist is now very sore

JFTDWS

Visit site
I've managed to fall off a block before even attempting to mount before. Now that's embarrassing - not even being able to stand still without falling over :eek:

oldie48

Visit site
Yup been there twice recently. Rose got distracted just as I was in the process of mounting and i lack the ability to leap so had to bail out backwards (would have made a good candid camera clip but it hurt). When the saddler came I put my weight into the stirrup, the saddle slipped and I ended up with the saddler hanging on to the right side as I slowly descended on the left side. He knew I was a bit of an idiot but now he knows I am!

ROMANY 1959

Visit site
5 years ago, in December in the school.. stood on tall mount block not knowing it was icy on the top and promptly slid off under horses belly, banging back of my neck, horse just looked round as if to say what you doing down there