Should I be insulted or flattered?

samp

Visit site
Well we had our stable do this Fri. YO/ old instructor got wasted and wanted to tell everyone her opinion on all our horses.

Of course comes round to mine and well. She said she was the hardest horse she has ever sat on (she is v experienced event rider and done 3 * events). My horse is incredibly opinionated and is not willing to please. On the plus side she said she is very talented and when she is giving we could go far. Should I be insulted or pleased?

She does have issues, which we know if you push her too much she just goes no thanks. We have to work around so she thinks it is on her terms all the time - this can be annoying

samp

Visit site
She is hard work admittedly and is rather testing at times but we just respect each other. I also have changed instructors and she has come on leaps and bounds since then. I know I have always had my work cut out. She is good to hack though a little spooky, fairly quiet with the odd explosion at shows and wow her jumps is superb when she is concentrating on the job in hand

AmyMay

Situation normal
Visit site
Flattered definately. Everyone knows that the more difficult the horse - the more talented the rider!!!
tongue.gif

samp

Visit site
Thanks guys, you know what it likes. Someone praises everyone elses but gets to mine and its oooh ahhh. She us made out to seem like a killer when she IMO is not that difficult to ride you've just got to know how far you can push her

pottamus

Visit site
I would not worry about it either way...so long as you can work with your horse to achieve something, that is all that matters! I have one very similar to yours by the sounds of it! I have mixed views on him from people...some thing he needs a damn good sorting out and would not ride him for love nor money...some are surprised I have got this far with him!! Both fairly negative views...but what they heck...he's mine!