Should I buy a new hat?

vicm2509

Visit site
Last night im my Stage 1 BHS class I fell off
frown.gif
Ive only ever fallen off Baron in my hat once since I bought it but yesterday I took a pretty good wack on my head. My head bounced off the floor and I saw stars for a while afterwards and have a really big headache today (along with a sore back and bruised bum
frown.gif
frown.gif
)

So do I need to buy a new hat? It doesnt sound creaky if I squeeze. Are hats generally supposed to be able to cope with a few hard wacks before they need replacing?

Marquire

Visit site
If you hit your head then you should replace your hat. It may be weakened without showing any outward signs. Better to be safe than sorry, you only have one head after all.

Marie

PapaFrita

pilar-larcade.com
I think the sensible thing to do is get a new hat. As I understand it, they have a kind of 'foam' under the shell that is designed to absorb impact and 'shrinks' leaving a hollow bit where it hit the ground. I'm sure someone will explain more scientifically, but even if the outer shell seems fine, the hat's shock-absorbing qualities will not be the same. It'll still be better than wearing no hat at all though!
smile.gif

aran

community.webshots.com
yes you really should
i got thrown off and was unconcious for 15 mins and so i replaced my hat. my hat felt normal but when i pulled the velvet off there were loads of cracks across it!

hope the bruises go down soon!

Quarrybank

Visit site
If you've wacked your head & saw stars then I'd say you had mild concussion. Your hat will have done what it is designed to do a spread the impact around the hat rather than your head.
shocked.gif
I would def be changing my hat if I was you. Always better to be safe than sorry.