Should I cancel viewing based on other experience with seller

Mary3050

Visit site
Hi Guys,

I am having a viewing booked Sunday on a nice low level dressage horse that will hack etc. The horse sounds ideal for what I am looking for and the seller is local.

However , yesterday a friend mentioned that she brought a horse that was meant to be super safe for her mum from the same seller . They viewed twice and had vetted but when they got the horse back within days the horse started spooking . Originally the seller said it was due to change in environment but the horse didn’t improve and they said it was used to going out 24/7 never mentioned when brought . But even with increased woke the problem hasn’t changed it’s been just over a year .

Then another more trusted friend said that she viewed a horse for her client. They agreed to buy left a deposit then the seller increased price. They continued but the seller wasn’t happy that they wouldn’t use sellers vet for the vetting a practice that isn’t exactly know for its trustworthiness . So they decided that the agreement was off. She also said that she knows someone else who they pulled out of the sale on after a vetting because it qualified for something.

I have done a bit of digging into the seller and the horse I am looking at . Was advertised 5 months ago although the seller contacted me and said she had advertised the horse yet.

Should I just cancel ? Or would you say that I may be only getting one half of the story’s ? Thanks

Flicker

Visit site
If you join one of the Dodgy Dealers facebook pages and do a search of the dealer’s name, you may find other people’s experiences too. You don’t owe her an explanation (I usually just say my circumstances have changed… over my shoulder as I am running for the hills). Or you could say that you have received a lot of poor feedback about her and would rather not take the chance. As nagblagger says, she may mend her ways…

Melody Grey

Visit site
I would cancel, but also tell her why. She won't be very happy but it might make her realise that horse people talk to each other and she now has a bad reputation. You never know, there may be a slim chance she changes her practice. (wishful thinking!)
...could also mean the seller goes undercover selling through others or with different names. I’d certainly cancel the viewing but at least if they continue to sell horses, you’ll know clearly who they are.

Otherwise

Visit site
I would cancel, but also tell her why. She won't be very happy but it might make her realise that horse people talk to each other and she now has a bad reputation. You never know, there may be a slim chance she changes her practice. (wishful thinking!)

I wouldn't tell her, there are far too many dodgy sellers changing their names frequently to try and run away from their bad reputations, at least if she keeps her name future buyers can search the name.

ElectricChampagne

Visit site
Definitely cancel but don't say why, just say you've had a think and the horse isn't quite what you were looking for and apologize for wasting time.
Don't give the seller an opportunity to bad mouth you more than anything, the horse world is a tough enough place already!

Leave it at that, chalk it down to experience and be thankful you dodged a bullet.