should i give it a go?

Rachntabby

Term Time: Manchester Holiday: Stoke-on-Trent
Visit site
i have never been hunting before but i really would love to go at least once
and im not worried about me going (am i right in thinking that there is a non jumping group that go around usually)
its just tabby
as far as i know she has never been and im worried that she will completely flip and either kill me or herself
she is usually sensible but has her moments (like doing mini rears at the gallops) these dont worry me as i know she wont do anything dangerous
i just dont want her to give herself a heart attack or something
should i try and go cubbing? ( i can only hack to meets and im not sure where they are) or should i leave it and stick to fun rides?
also info on what to wear and what to do appreaciated :grin:

forgot to add my nearest hunt is the north staffordshire one i think?? if anyone is with them tell me

Brontie

Visit site
Deffinately go. Like my signature. You only know how well youll do once youve done it. I think itld be a good idea if you go along as a foot follower first, just to get an idea of what happens and meet a few people. Also it might be a good idea to take your horse to a meet, just to get it used to the atmosphere.

Have fun! Would love to try hunting but dont have a horse. Wheres the fun in that?

Springs

Visit site
Yes give it a go, if you can go cubbing it will help in settle you and your horse.

You normally whare tweads for cubbing and blacks for hunting, althoug thats if you only really take it up full time I am sure that they will be happy to see another face.

There is normally a way aroung if you don't want to jump

I will pm you there contact number.

lachlanandmarcus

Visit site
Def do it, my boy does full waves to the queen and I dared to take him, he was OK as long as he was kept moving when the standing around bits happened.

There is usually a non jumping gang, often at the back and in the hunt I went out with it was known as the Knitting Circle (lots of chatting!)

have great fun!