Should i go??

seaofdreams

Visit site
ok so Mouse Qualifed at the weekend for the finals of the South Essex Insurance Brokers BHS Cross Country Championships
But!!
It's on 1st October which is only a couple of weeks away and i had planned to do a cross country training day on the 1st to school over some bigger more complicated fences as the plan is to BE her next year.
It is also in Sudbury Derbyshire and i am in Slough so it will be an 3 hour journey and Mouse bless her doesn't really like going on trips in the lorry!!
what do you all think?
Mum said my time would be better spent training as 3hours and alot of money spent on one x-country round is a bit much
and my instructor agrees
and i think i do but just wanted to see what you all think
thanks
Hx

JoBo

s11.photobucket.com
I would have to agree with you Mum and instructor, sorry. 3 hours is a long time in the lorry if your horsey isn't that happy in the lorry! Have some fun with your XC training; at least you can pick and choose which jumps you want to do that way!
It's your choice though of course!

Helga1980

Visit site
First off, congratulations on qualifying
grin.gif

I'm tempted to agree with your mum and instructor. You've got your ultimate aim to go BE so I would do the training and keep building up to that.

If nothing else you risk over-facing her with the travelling and causing problems with travelling her in the future, IMHO, better to spend the winter building up to long journeys then do 6 hours in one day so soon.

Baggybreeches

www.photobucket.com
I agree with your mum and trainer. A few years ago I qualified for the same thing when it was in Newbury,Berks. That was 41/2 hours in the lorry each way to do a 5 minute cross country. Not a waste of money, just not a great amount of Value in the trip. Save up for BE its very expensive!!
smile.gif