Should I hog him? :D

**Vanner**

Visit site
Or just leave him au natrel?

a7ba406afdb34d1d0b958cc09925a14d.jpg

showaddy1

Visit site
Hi vanner... I am currently having the same dilemma. I am sliding towards the hogging because a) the mane is so heavy and must be unbearable when hot and sweaty, b) I think the long, thick mane stops you seeing the gorgeous horse underneath and c) lets be honest, those feathers are super hard work!!
I'd love to see pics if you decide to go ahead, you never know I may get my bottom into gear and do the same!

Black_Horse_White

Visit site
I normally say no way leave them hairy, but I was persuaded to hog and clip off all my boys hair. And wow what a transformation he looked like a different horse, he looked fantastic and I now love him like that. But your horses mane is a lot longer and if my boys was that long I doubt I'd have been so easily persuaded.

POLLDARK

Visit site
You can tell by looking at the other side of his neck what he will looked like hogged, if you like it go for it but do the feathers too. I would shorten the mane a bit anyway to make him more comfortable.

**Vanner**

Visit site
You can tell by looking at the other side of his neck what he will looked like hogged, if you like it go for it but do the feathers too. I would shorten the mane a bit anyway to make him more comfortable.

He only has it down on special occasions or when I feel like playing with it - I love it and would never take it off :D

clydesdale

Visit site
i am so jealous i have a clydesdale who should have a main like that but she has sweet itch so ive had to hogged it off :( would love her to have a full main still im lucky as my mare dosnt roll in the field so it would stay super clean :(

nikCscott

Visit site
I can appreciate how much effort you put into it to keep the mane in that super condition - well done.

Personally I hate long manes - just the same as I don;t like see little boys with long locks- just personal preference. :eek:

Would be really boring if all our horses looked the same!

Bobbly

Visit site
You obviously take great care of his mane, and tail no doubt and given that he is a nice type of traditional then no I wouldn't hog him but I have to say that I think that sometimes a mane as long as that makes the animal look quite old, especially in the show ring. If he was mine I would be thinning it with a rake comb and shortening it some without making it look 'pulled', but of course he's your boy and you can do whatever you want!! :)