Should I stay or should I go? Help please

type of tweed/colour

• Total voters

so03

Visit site
I have qualified for UK Riders Finals in Warwickshire. I have got to decide within 7 days if i am going to enter or not.

Problem is it's 140 miles away, and will take approx 3 to 3½ hours to get there. I would be using a trailer.

It's going to cost me £14 entry, £18 stabling, £5.50 for tent, and £62 in petrol. So as title says should I go? My boys never done anything like this before so will be interesting for him.

Thanks

Super_Kat

www.myspace.com
Go along and have fun!
laugh.gif

ruscara

Visit site
Congratulations for qualifying!
smile.gif
It is difficult to advise you, without knowing for example how good a traveller is your horse? It is a long way, and a long time in a trailer, but if he travels well, and you can afford the expense, it would be a great experience for both of you. Good luck if you decide to go.

so03

Visit site
Thanks.

He is a superb traveller. You don't even know he is there. I go fairly regularly to a show which is along the motorway and takes about an hour to get there.

By the way your horse is stunning, love the face markings.

MillionDollar

Visit site
Congratulations, and yes go for it!! It might be the only time you have a chance to do something like this, and you never know you might win!! After all it is only money, lol. So def go for it! And good luck.
smile.gif

pocket

Visit site
My pony qualified for the Picktons M&M novice with the NPS many moons ago and I decided against the travel to Wales/stable/tent etc etc and my god I regretted it ever since. Unfortunately, we wont get the option to have another go as he passed away at Christmas, so go for it, you may never get the chance to do it again and then like me, you will kick yourself wondering could we have done it
wink.gif

rach1984horse

Visit site
If you can afford to go then go for it. Before you set off make sure you check out where there is a service station that you can stop to give him a drink and check he's got enough hay and everything is okay.

Good Luck.
laugh.gif

Gingernags

Visit site
Do it. SUbect to finding a rider (long story) we're off to the BSPS champs in 2 weeks, entry fees and stabling a whopping £250 and have a similar drive with a trailer and the diesel costs I reckon £60 each way...

But we've never done it before and night never qualify again so we're going and we WILL have fun!

Well done on qualifying and go enjoy it!