Should I stay or should I go ?????

tubby1

Visit site
I have a dilemma . I have been on my yard for 2 years great school, rubbish facilities, mad yard owner, no off road hacking & very little winter turn out which is super muddy. It used to have a girl that helped with turn out etc but she is unreliable & has her favourites. But I have loads of great friends as does my daughter. Just viewed a great yard new stables, indoor & outdoor arena, off road hacking and my own field. Assistance with turnout & bring in . Really everything I could ask for but do I want to leave friends . Daughters pony is a cushings pony with recent laminitis episode & arthritis . He takes a lot of looking after & I would like the occasional day/ morning off which I could get at this yard. My head says move as I can't stand another winter of mud no lights etc. Also my its my first winter with new horse & she seems to have a serious dislike of walking through mud. Thanks for reading hope you can help.

swampdonkey

Visit site
Be friendly and nice and polite to your now YO and leave the door open so that you can always go back.
I'd give yourself 6 weeks at the new yard, like a trial and if you don't like it move back.
Sometimes we need to move forward, who knows what new friends there are to meet :)
Be brave :)

Sukistokes2

Visit site
The new yard sounds great, I would move, but I would also make sure I left the current yard on good terms so if I really had to I could return. Saying that apart from the other users it doesn't have much going for it. You can always stay in touch with those people. You never know some might come and join you when they hear what a fab time you are having at your new yard.

tubby1

Visit site
Thanks for the replies guys. Financially it's the same price I think I'm 90% convinced to move . Think it would be better for the horses as well which has to be the priority .

Cinnamontoast

Fais pas chier!
Visit site
I always think you have to put the horse first-where's better for them? And yourself, too, if you can have help occasionally, it would be stunning.

maree t

Visit site
I would go, you never know when your friends see what they can have for the same money they may well follow you .

laura_nash

towercottage.weebly.com
I would definately move. I had a similar dilemma a year ago and chose to move to the new yard in the end, I quickly made loads of new friends and within a couple of months all of my old friends on my previous yard had moved on (for various reasons and un-related to my move, just an odd coincidence).