Should I take him to the doctors?

Morrigan_Lady

www.teamterrellshowjumping.co.uk
I know this isnt NL, but I need a quick answer!

My dog pulled the buggy over at the yard thismorning while my 10 month old baby was in it!
He landed on gravel and got dragged abit and has scratchs and sores on his head and its very red. He seems ok now, he's just having his morning nap! But I dont know if I should take him to the doctors to get him checked?

Im also due in to work at 2pm today and I just dont want to leave my baby, so dont know weather to not go in to work :0(

I actually think I was more upset than my baby, I cant stop crying!

Ladyinred

Visit site
For your own peace of mind take him to the docs. Also in case there is any chance of infection, given that yards are not the most hygienic of places.

Devonshire dumpling

Visit site
Awwww bless!! You do something like that and think OMG why did I do that!! Don't beat yourself up about it, I am sure your little one will be fine, get the dr to do a quick check up to put your mind at rest!! I am always taking mine to drs for bangs on the head, I think it's always the best idea, 9 times out of 10 the dr will say they are fine, but you would never forgive yourself if there was a slow bleed and you didn't take them!

The joys of being a parent!! XX

-Sj-

Visit site
Ahhh kids and dogs! Got to love them! I remember my sister overloading her buggy with shopping bags once and she let it go to get money out the cash maching and the buggy tipped backwards! :O

Don't beat yourself up too much, as long as you cleaned him up well and get his wee bumped checked for peace of mind. xx

You'll experience alot of lumps and bumps believe me!!

Shavings

Visit site
Don't be daft morrigan-lady these things happen, you didn't aim to have him hurt it was just and accident and I am sure he will be fine, but just pop him up to the doctors to put your mind at rest, thing the best one in are house was my baby niece in her bouncer thing (hangs from door) and dogs were lay in kitchen asleep and the door bell goes (why can see were this is going) poor little niece is spun round and round and then promptly bumped her head on the door, she had a cracking bruise but is fine now and got we revenge on the dogs by chasing them in the walkers with wheels on :D

MerrySherryRider

Visit site
Hope your doctor reassured you and all's well.
Don't feel bad, hindsight is a wonderful thing, I'm sure you won't be tying the dog to the buggy again. I recall a few accidents with my lot when they were growing up and while they were fine and still bouncy, I needed the doctor myself for shock !

Oops, sorry, you didn't say the dog was tied to the buggy...should read more carefully.

Last edited:

trina1982

Visit site
Hope little one is ok.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing - i speak from experience. This won't be the last time you have something like this happen. All you can do is try your best to keep your little one safe without literally wrapping in cotton wool! In my experience kids bounce back physically way easier than adults do emotionally from the trauma of it!

Hope you're ok too.
Trina x

Devonshire dumpling

Visit site
Whilst in Spain we exited a Taxi and the driver was rushing us and my sister didn't strap her 10 mth old in the buggy, , went to put the buggy up the kerb,. clipped the wheel, baby falls out, needs stitches in head!! .... now this was traumatic, but how many ppl do that?? Thought i would give u a worse story to cheer you up!! So how was your little one?? xx

skydancer

Visit site
Dont feel too bad these things happen at the end of the day we are only human and not perfect dont beat yourself up about it just take him to the doctors and get him checked ;)

jeeve

Visit site
I remember we had assembled the buggy for our first child and were going for a walk, it was one that could be like a pram or a stroller, and we must not have done something up properly, when converting to pram like state.

As we were walking along the whole basket just flipped upside down. Fortunately our son was strapped in (safety harness), and he just hung upside down in the basket and was fine. But boy did we feel silly.

jeeve

Visit site
Brakes - just a reminder to always use brakes on your buggy. There have been a few incidences where the pram/buggy have rolled into river, (twice same river one baby died, not sure about the other), and off train stations into on coming trains, and off wharves. Please use the brakes.

trina1982

Visit site
Brakes - just a reminder to always use brakes on your buggy. There have been a few incidences where the pram/buggy have rolled into river, (twice same river one baby died, not sure about the other), and off train stations into on coming trains, and off wharves. Please use the brakes.

And/or a wrist strap. I know someone who lives on a steep hill and was worried about fainting (she had been quite poorly) so had a wrist strap put on the buggy - just in case.

Trina x