should i ............

debbielinder

Visit site
ok not as importand as it sounds but i wanted to get my vet and physio thankyou cards and some flowers or something like that has any one else done this? its just my horse was badly injured and i thought i would have to retire her or worse have her put down but due to a very hard working physio and my wonderful best vet in the world ever and his collegues my horse is back in nearly full work (building her up) non horsey parentals say dont be stupid you paid them money for their services and they are right physio bill nearly 1000 tho claimed on insurance but i want to say thankyou to them is this silly also if any one agrees with me what would you give them just card? physio is a woman so easy get her a bunch of flowers but my vet is a man and dont think flowers would cut it! any advice greatly apprieciated sorry to rable on

Mel85

Visit site
I would!

I got my vet flowers and a bottle of wine when she stitched up my horses severed artery on New years eve a couple of years ago!!!! Yes, she was on call, and yes, I did pay for it, but she was still a star!!

They will really appreciate it!!! I'd go with flowers for the physio and a bottle of red for the vet?

Vicky7041

Visit site
I thanked my vet, we have used him for 25years as a family and on this one occaision the pony was actually put down, but he was so attentive and caring. We thanked him with a card and a bottle of whiskey! He was thrilled (don't think vets get thank very often from the point you made about that we've paid them!)

Marnie

Visit site
I've given my vets cards and wine before, and the girls in the hospital a big tin of chocolates after my mare was in for 10 days and they looked after her so well.

Patchwork

Visit site
A big box of choccies would be great for the vet - that way they can be shared around all the vets/nurses/staff that helped your horse.

smile.gif

RachelB

Visit site
I would, it's always fantastic in any job to know you're appreciated, despite the fact you'll be paying them loads of dosh anyway! I work at a livery yard and we have one livery who is always leaving little notes about saying 'thank you for exercising my horse today', 'thank you for leaving his rug out to dry after the rain', 'thank you for getting his shoe put back on at short notice' (even though she didn't notice the farrier hadn't turned up!)... I hate to think how much she's paying for full livery! It's really nice to have a thoughtful and kind client, and such a contrast to the horrible ones you can never please!

sorona

Visit site
I would and friend did when her animals all needed treatment and one died and the other had to be put to sleep and the other recovered. She was so impressed by the care and compassion of the vet.

terrierliz

Visit site
I would, and am just about to do the same! One of dogs was poisoned at the weekend, rushed to vets who kept her in and put her on drip etc, he then rang later to tell me he had taken her home with him so he could keep an eye on her. She's back home now, although not quite out of the woods.
He was so caring and told me his 3 young children had helped to look after her.
Off to get bottle of whisky for him and something for the children.

kick_On

Visit site
i would and i have:
After mine had big operation, recovered well. I bought huge bunch of flowers with letter and bottle of sloe gin (home made) to say thank you. As she did over and above the call of duty.
She used to pop down to see him during her lunchtime and giving him, her apple etc... and she's a great friend and now she living aboard, we still keep in touch