Should we join the circus?

Parkranger

Visit site
Just came back from a nightmare hack.....massive bucks after 2 mins then the other two were jogging away, Ty just didn't know what to do with himself! Then, as I went into trot I got a massive rear/buck (think lipazzaners) and he spun - I fell off but landed on my feet!

Bloody scary....gonna go out on my own tomorrow as I think it was the excitement of being with his two pals.....wish me luck! x

mad.gif
frown.gif
smirk.gif

Parkranger

Visit site
God tell me about it - really out of character - I'm actually wondering if someone did feed him the wrong feed now you mention it!!!!!

The girls were impressed that I landed on my feet - I looked like one of those circus performers who bounce on and off the horse
grin.gif

You have to laugh or you'd cry!!!
smirk.gif

LauraBR

Visit site
Shove your heels RIGHT down and push your legs forward a bit so that you are sitting defensively- sit deep. Ride him forwards! That way he can only get you off if it's head between the knees gravity defying stuff!

Cheeky monkey! Any ideas what set him off?

Christmas_Kate

Visit site
I used to ride a hunter who was so docile, until half way through the season, when he'd be a bit unpredictable.
My mate and I were racing up a hill, she turned left, horse shot left after her, i fell off, did a rolypoly and landed on my feet still holding the reins. V. Impressive!

There is something about being able to fall off in style, makes you wish you could have another go!

Parkranger

Visit site
Well the two we rode out with were very excited and jogging and I think it was just too much for him. He hasn't been hacked out properly for 6 weeks due to time off (lameness) and being unshod......hopefully he'll be ok on his own tomorrow.

I sat to the series of bucks quite well - only reason I fell from the 'leap' was because he spun...little sod!

i thought it was a rear, but looking back it felt more like a massive leap of epic proportions, then a buck for good measure.......it really did scare me. I'm not going to think the worse but you do worry that it's going to carry on!

Must be positive though x

Parkranger

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
There is something about being able to fall off in style, makes you wish you could have another go!

[/ QUOTE ]

PMSL!
grin.gif

Parkranger

Visit site
took him out again today and he was much better (on his own) had one buck when we cantered but more of his usual style......little excitment rather than 'oh my god, I want to fly!'

On the way home, I wanted to come back via road but it was too dark - got onto the fields at the back and I felt him start to go so I got off (before he messed around), walked for 5 mins, he stopped and had some grass and you could literally see the adrenalin levels dropping. Got back on and we plodded home! Think he needed to be confused that we don't always canter on grass and sometimes you can just have a chilled time.

think that after 6 months, he's feeling better, loved, fat and just loves life. Going to do some serious retraining now though and get it in hand before we turn into a rodeo act (or he ends up in a can of dogfood!)

Serious work programme coming up I think - gone from donkey (when I got him) to well and fit 8 year old TB. As my friend pointed out, that is what I brought!

x