Show boots for the larger leg

Pinkvboots

Visit site
They are not for me but a friend is struggling to find some long show boots she has a size 9 foot and a very wide calf, she doesn't want to spend a fortune as she is only 14 and still growing although she is almost 6 foot now so not sure how much bigger she can get, she has already outgrown 2 pairs in a year which have hardly been worn, I did look on the fuller fillies website has anybody bought there boots are they any good? or if anyone else has any recommendations for any others.

ashlingm

Visit site
I found Tuffa really good for larger calves. I, personally, prefer gaiters and short boots over long boots. This might actually suit her better if she is still growing as you'd only have to replace boots or gaiters rather than the whole boot!

Tuffa have a good selection and are in loads of tack shops so you could try them on. They are really good value too!

Wimbles

Visit site
They are not for me but a friend is struggling to find some long show boots she has a size 9 foot and a very wide calf, she doesn't want to spend a fortune as she is only 14 and still growing although she is almost 6 foot now so not sure how much bigger she can get, she has already outgrown 2 pairs in a year which have hardly been worn, I did look on the fuller fillies website has anybody bought there boots are they any good? or if anyone else has any recommendations for any others.

I've had two pairs of the fuller fillies boots (big feet, bigger calves!). The first pair were admittedly pretty rubbish and fell to bits pretty quickly but I'm not sure if they changed the design/quality of materials but I bought a pair off fleabay fairly cheap and they have been amazing. Have survived two years of pretty hard use (they get bashed a lot at horseball but scrub up well for showing) and are still going strong.

View

Visit site
I found Tuffa really good for larger calves. I, personally, prefer gaiters and short boots over long boots. This might actually suit her better if she is still growing as you'd only have to replace boots or gaiters rather than the whole boot!

Tuffa have a good selection and are in loads of tack shops so you could try them on. They are really good value too!

I second the suggestion of Tuffa. My boots are the best part of four years old, just had the first repair (some re-stitching needed) and was told that the boots were worth repairing. Sensible prices, too.

Pinkvboots

Visit site
Thanks for the replies we have tried to go down the short boot gaitors route but she won't have it going through that teenage stage at the moment, I will have a look at tuffa boots and we are still considering the fuller fillies ones.