Show Jackets - Black or Navy

Murphs_Mum

Visit site
Is it just personal choice or should they be worn for different disciplines - just ordered myself a new show jacket - I'm used to black but it seems I ordered a navy one! I actually quite like it but not sure if it's ok ?

Hornby

Visit site
If you mean SJ then I prefer navy (not such a harsh colour against the skin) if you mean showing - then it should be tweed not black or navy (sorry!)

Claireg9

Visit site
I prefer Navy,
And as to Showing it should be tweed... not strictly true depends what discipline. Turnout most use Navy or black, TBH its more the hunter classes tweed is a must other classes is to your preference. So long as your hat velvet matches your jacket it shouldnt matter to much x

katelarge

Visit site
Whatever matches your hat! If you have a black hat then go for a black jacket. Personally I wear black, but have a cream shirt and stock (a real one as I have a bizarre aversion to the ready-tied ones) rather than white. Again, the cream has to carry through to the breeches. If you have only white breeches then keep your shirt and stock white too. I have just a real cheapy black jacket from Robinson's sale I think, want to get a wool one though if the horse and I ever get out there competing properly!

Aleka81

Visit site
For Hunting men mostly wear black and women navy. I've got Navy and tweed. Have to say I generally prefer tweed as its pretty much suitable for everything.

cobweb

Visit site
Traditionally for showing it is tweed coats for Hunters, M&M's, Coloureds & Cobs, but navy jackets for Riding Horse & Hacks. Always navy hats for ladies and black hats for gentlemen.

FMM

www.absolutelymad.co.uk
Cobweb is absolutely correct - black has no place in the showring for the ladies. It is OK for jumping or dressage. Tweed for everything (hunters, cobs, riding horses) apart from hacks and showponies. You will get a mix in the arab and riding horse classes of navy and tweed, but usually more tweed.