Show jackets?

HollyAndDylan

New User
Visit site
I'm looking to hopefully buy a new show jacket in the sales! But what make/ colour would people recommend? This might sound cheesy, but I've always wanted a deep/ dark purple jacket, but I can't seem to find any anywhere! Well not at a suitable price anyway.

But I only compete at local shows. I show jump around 3' to 3'3 and also do cross country round similar heights, my horse will be starting his third year of competing this year. We might not always get amazing results, but he tries his heart out and is the best horse I could wish for! My current show jacket (also my first!) has lasted me five years :p it is navy blue and cost me £11 brand new!!! Unfortunately it's been washed quite a few times so is now slightly out of shape :( so I think it's probably time for a new one!

I also have a tweed jacket, which was a second hand bargain. I would wear that instead but I don't want to have it washed too many times just in case that goes out of shape too.

Any recommendations on what make/ colour of jacket to get? I want one that is hopefully going to last another 5 years :)

Thank you! :D