show judge guilty of neglect

magicgirl

Visit site
I have read the man's reply on another site and it puts a different spin on things. He had only had the pony a couple of weeks and it was improving. I think this is a case of " every story has two sides"

TGM

Visit site

SJFAN

Visit site
While I don't doubt that his intentions were good it is hard to understand why he had not get a vet to examine the animal within the first couple of days of buying it.

the watcher

Visit site
If the animal was gaining weight under his care then you could argue that there was no immediate need to call a vet. I can see the maths..few sacks of feed against the cost of a callout..especially if he was an experieinced horse owner.

I can see he pleaded guilty as a principle because he had not called a vet, in his shoes I think I would have challenged the evidence. I have dealt with much worse cases and struggled to get a prosecution

JM07

Visit site
he was convicted due to his own admission that maybe he should have called a vet.

i personally don't see that he can be classed as "a cruel owner" though.

several times i've bought "charity cases" and they've not seen a vet til their first vacs..sometimes months later.

he was probably an easy case to bring, so the RSPCA could give their much sought after "public profile" a boost.

SJFAN

Visit site
That just leads to the same page as the link given by TGM earlier in the thread. He gives no reason as to why the stable had not neen mucked out. And surely an experienced horse owner and judge would realise that the mare had overgrown teeth which needed urgent attention.

FMM

www.absolutelymad.co.uk
Sorry - I hadn't seen TGM's link until it was too late to remove it.
I am not saying I am on one side or the other - just felt that it was worth mentioning that the "guilty" man had been able to put his own story forwards.

I have never heard of this man, have nothing to do with M&M showing so it makes no difference to me. However, I do like to hear what everyone has to say.