Show jumping attire rules

HappyHorses:)

Visit site
Quick and randomly stupid question ..... is there a rule regarding still wearing white/beige breaches at competitions?

At the last few, albeit UA events I've seen people wearing other colours. I presume most events are run under BS rules so the final say is by their rule book. winter and white johds are not a match made in heaven 🙈

MagicMelon

Visit site
Is UA university competitions? If so, we always wore beige jods. At any SJ competition, unaffiliated or BS, people wear beige or white. I've never seen any other colour worn for pure SJ.

I wear beige, white are for very brave people - they dont mix with horses full stop, let alone in winter!

HappyHorses:)

Visit site
Thanks for the reply MM, I completely agree about white and winter. How do some people manage to stay so clean? Always horse slobber on my black jacket or unexplained smudge on my jodhpurs 🙈

Yes always been my understanding but on two separate events now seen a pair of blue going round the ring! Maybe the organisers were just more relaxed on those occasions.

be positive

Visit site
Thanks for the reply MM, I completely agree about white and winter. How do some people manage to stay so clean? Always horse slobber on my black jacket or unexplained smudge on my jodhpurs 🙈

Yes always been my understanding but on two separate events now seen a pair of blue going round the ring! Maybe the organisers were just more relaxed on those occasions.

It is why I always recommend getting a tweed jacket it usually looks clean even with slobber on it, worn with a pair of darker beige jods you can go anywhere looking smart, navy or black jackets may be easy to wash but are very easily marked and white jods are a ridiculous trend as they rarely stay clean and are so unforgiving.