Show jumping rules?

Ayla

New User
Visit site
Hi. After the incident with a young rider who used the whip very, very inapropriatley after a rider mistake, at Olympia, i was wondering if the rider could face fines or the risk of short time banment? Or is there no animal protection laws with in Brittish show jumping?

Toby_Zaphod

Visit site
There are a range of actions that the BSJA can take against a rider who uses a whip excessively on a horse. I presume you are talking about the incident involving Laura Renwick......as you have posed this question twice now? Infact the only 2 posts you have made.
confused.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Or is there no animal protection laws with in British show jumping?

[/ QUOTE ]

Why the aggressive attitude towards'British Show Jumping? You appear to have made your mind up that there is no protection for horses in our country for some reason without making any enquiry about this. The BSJA Rules are available on line to anyone to read. Possibly you should have a read?
crazy.gif

Ladyfresha1

Visit site
They made decide on diciplinary action but as the show was under FEI rules it may be in their hands. Might be wrong, not sure of the legalities.

fornema

Visit site
Im a member of the BSJA and if you had seen it, i was in the front row you would realise what she means it was totally not right, so much so that everyone was stunned that one of the UKs up and coming riders would do that publicly and on TV. Reminding you that these are the riders for 2012 we want our riders to be nice to their horse
tongue.gif

Rambo

Visit site
Firstly, Laura is NOT a young rider. Secondly, the class was an international class run under international (FEI) rules....the BSJA have no say in such cases. Thirdly, yes, there are plenty of animal protection 'laws' in this country...and the ground jury at the event would have been well aware of them and enforced them had they felt the need.

Do we really need to go over and over the same old ground again and again !