Show me where you hack - Is mine the best in the world?!

millreef

Visit site
I'm hoping this works as I've never embedded youtube before - so apologies if it doesn't.

This is my daily/typical hack in Morocco. The stable is over the road from the beach and we go every day in the seven weeks we're there from Hong Kong. I think it's the best hacking in the world.

Please be kind about my daughter's horse (I know he's a bit skinny etc but she loves him to bits and looks after him so well. He's an old racehorse she absolutely adores and she's only 12years old). My voice is so annoying so feel free to hit the mute button:eek:

[youtube]G9_zUw3JHUg[/youtube]

Andiamo

Visit site
Last year, I went to Cornwall for some beach riding...it was amazing :) It was a riding centre, they provided the horses, I stayed for a week with a friend, it was some of the best riding ever.... we galloped along that beach, and rode in the waves...
If anyone wants info about the place, just ask, they cater to all levels, and it was just a fantastic experience. You can take your own horse as well.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Paris1

Visit site
Don't know how tO post pics but last summer and this I shall be riding everyday on a 500acre farm in he Adirondacks. Open fields, woods and a mountain track!
My local hacking in uk, we see bus stops, school kids and a White van or three :(

jenz87

Visit site
When i was a child i lived in southern spain and the hacking there was amazing. You could go up into the mountains, through shallow rivers, and up dirt tracks and down into olive groves and lemon fields. Then down the valley to the beach for a good old gallop. Was wonderful and i miss it greatly!

Irishbabygirl

Visit site
Wow Millreef! Looks amazing! Lucky you! Would love to do a beech ride with mine - haven't done one since I was in NZ years ago!
....must look into doing it here this Summer....

Chavhorse

Visit site
Looks wonderful Millreef and no wonder that you look forward to your seven weeks each year:)

Brings back wonderful memories of my time in Cyprus. My horse Martini (ex Cyprus racehorse and all round coolest most fantastic horse in the world) was stabled at the Drapia Horse Farm at Kalavasos which is also a trekking centre and we had wonderful trails up into the mountains straight out of the yard door, in those days I used to take off alone at 6am for a two hour hack before going to work.....bliss and used to join in the day trails with the tourists at the weekends and holidays.

Best hacking of my life you can imagine my horror at coming from those mountains to Holland!

Need to find somewhere in the UK when we move back that has something comparable:)

Sadly I have no video's and very few pictures of my time in Cyprus so I have had to use the countryside shots from the Drapia Farm Website which I hope will inspire some of you to go visit as it really is a wonderful experience:)

Riding through the Olive Groves, there were also fig and orange trees which used to act as breakfast on early morning rides :)
cyprus1.jpg

River that Led to the Mountain paths which was a kilometer long and canopied by trees (took me weeks to persuade my wonderful horse that death was not imminent! he finally got brave watching my dogs charging through it and coming out the other side)
cyprus3o.jpg

The cliffs overlooking Governors Beach, the family who owned the Horse farm also owned a Hotel on the beach and we used to put the horses into a paddock behind the hotel and have a long lunch on the hotel veranda before heading back....alas the paddock is no more so this is no longer possible.
cyprus2.jpg

The Mountains! Wonderful riding we had one particular ride which was known as the "white Gallop" 2 kilometers up a mountain with a flat plateau on the top and the views were out of this world.
cyprus4.jpg

Martini Sheltering under his Olive Tree in his paddock
martinif.jpg

Marti and I on Christmas Day (note the sun :)
lindy21.jpg

ClobellsandBaubles

Visit site
I miss Spain :( I spent 3 months working in northern spain where there are mountains, beaches, river estuaries and long sandy forest tracks it was blissful :) here are some of my favourite views...
58898_1580426680049_1517149765_1461228_5771628_n.jpg

421856_3052576507150_1045386625_4323954_2081175166_n.jpg

Photo0083.jpg

Photo0087.jpg

Photo0090.jpg

Photo0097-1.jpg

Photo0099.jpg

Having said that the beaches in Aberdeen are stunning but most of the time you would require many layers and risk getting blown off your horse :rolleyes:

ClobellsandBaubles

Visit site
Good hacking here to the west of the city with forestry and tracks around the golf courses and beaches if you have a trailer to the north I just seem less inclined to take photographs :rolleyes: Plus I do think the weather has a lot to answer for :rolleyes:

Jesstickle

Visit site
Gosh! You're brave! I'm afraid I'd be on the pavement:eek:
The Mendip's look stunning too.

The horses don't bat an eyelid and we find the more of the road we take up the more people slow down. In fairness, considering they're city folk, people are very good. We get the odd person who shouts we shouldn't be on the road :confused: but lots more smile and wave :)

Izzwall

Visit site
Cannot beat hacking on Dartmoor :D
hack3.jpg

hack2.jpg

hack.jpg

Even though I've lived on the moor for 5/6 years I still get lost! Can't beat those miles long gallops up there!!

stargirl88

Visit site
Can everyone stop posting photos. I'm SO RIDICULOUSLY JEALOUS! Everywhere I hack I can at the very least hear a main road :(

legyield

Visit site
Everyone's hacking looks amazing. I did quite a bit of hacking up on the Derbyshire moors last summer but the great thing about having a rising 2yo means I can't ride for a while!

millreef - Morocco looks beautiful. I'm half moroccan but I've never been so makes me look forward to going.

LauraWheeler

Visit site
Sorry everyone I have the best hacking in the whole world :p I live in the new forest :D I havn't ridden on a road in over a year :D

This is a video which shows some of my hacking. It's pictures taken from a sponsoured ride I did on Lucy in 2010. That was before I lived in the forest but now this is where I hack all the time :D

[youtube]t2f4hVdMyak[/youtube]

I feel so lucky to live where I do :D