Show report - naughty rodeo Ponio! warning pics -lots

Scottish_Miss

Visit site
lol...
Took Moo to pre county show warm up at local riding club show - did the coloured class.

Started the warm up very forward - great i'm sitting thinking!
grin.gif
grin.gif

Tried a little canter and we just bronced all over the field... tried again and the same.
confused.gif

Thinking mmmm new spurs are they a bit longer than he is used too - so take them off - tried again and still the same.
confused.gif
confused.gif

Time to go in ring oops !!crap !!hell !!
crazy.gif

Anyway was lacking a bit forwarness now in the trot, and still threw in some brocs too see if I was awake whilst trying to show off to the judge!!!!

Pulled in 6th of 8. - could have been worse i suppose.

Sigh............
Individual show was also similar - few broncs! Judge asked his age and commented he was a bit naughty baby! Although he did a sweet perfomance until the canter.

Pulled in 7th overall whci I was quite surprised at - the one who came last at least kept feet on the ground in canter.

Got 2 weeks to sort out issue - he normally is fine - I was more worried about getting canter left lead.
not sure if it was the spurs and he just was ranting. Or that I rode with no numnah and because was a horrible day he felt it colder - have cair in saddle.

Anyway got a few pics attached for you all - can anyone comment on conformation etc etc in general. Or if we are suitably dressed - got big county show in 2 weeks so want it all to be correct.

thanks Tia x

pose5.jpg

pose8.jpg

Moo13.jpg

Moo12.jpg

3BayGeldings

Visit site
He's gorgeous, but i would worry about him suddenly starting broncing every time you canter? Could be the saddle pinching, maybe something as trivial as spring grass! Or perhaps some underlying medical issue. Something to think about maybe.

Good luck x

Scottish_Miss

Visit site
Thanks

Im going to get his back checked again and the saddle; as normally ride in my dressage most days. Hack him at weekend in the GP he was wearing - just not sure if he disliked the fact I took of the numnah; he normally canters fine.

Lol... the judge was very sweet about him though.

Flint12

Visit site
I was told when i bought my wintec not to ride without a numnah. . . just a thought. . .

He looks grat by the way
laugh.gif

Flint12

Visit site
Hi,

It was something to do with them rubbing. . . i as just told that i should never ride with it without a numnah. . .

I had my back lady out the other day, and her reaction when i brought out my wintec was um interesting. . . .in her opinion she doesnt know a horse that has ever moved well in a wintec . . . i think my wintec has caused more harm then good it seems!

Hope you work it out.

MrsMozart

Just passing through...
Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Hi,

It was something to do with them rubbing. . . i as just told that i should never ride with it without a numnah. . .

I had my back lady out the other day, and her reaction when i brought out my wintec was um interesting. . . .in her opinion she doesnt know a horse that has ever moved well in a wintec . . . i think my wintec has caused more harm then good it seems!

Hope you work it out.

[/ QUOTE ]

My horse came with a Wintec. When my saddler saw it, she refused to even see how it sat on my girls back! Did in the end, because I asked nicely, but it didn't fit and the things she had to say about them
blush.gif
. Loads of people like them though. Ho hum.

FMM

www.absolutelymad.co.uk
Your horse looks uncomfortable in the saddle to me. It seems to be sitting very far forward in the trotting pic. Are you sure it doesn't move when you don't use a numnah with it?

clairel

Visit site
You both look very smart, but then I am partial to a coloured horse!
I would certainly ride with at least a prolite type pad under the saddle or a well shaped small numnah. You can barely notice them and it might stop the bronching which sounds like it is coming from discomfort!
Also a couple of little picky things... Personally I would use a white girth if you have one, as he is mainly white on his belly and it might blend in more.
Also I would use a different show cane, I prefer a nice plain one and also a little bigger?!
Lastly, Do you have a cream shirt instead of a yellow one? I think on such a nice striking coloured horse, the rider just wants to look plain and blend in.

That all sounds a bit picky and I don't mean it that way! Think you look lovely together, but it is the little things that really make the picture perfect!

Scottish_Miss

Visit site
Hi

Yeah it does not move - but I will get his back checked anyway, will also check the fit again as he may be changing shape as starting to work more through his back over last month or so.

Agree the trot pic makes it look to far forward - not noticed in the others.
Many thanks Tia

Scottish_Miss

Visit site
hi thanks

Had not ever thought of white girth - will have to see what is available - think mainly those cottage craft types are the only ones i've seen in colours.

The cane do you mean a longer one or thicker ? I prefer natural as to the leather black ones.

Will try to get a cream shirt and see how it looks - did wonder if it was a bit yellow!! as mu breches are stone/beige.

thanks
Tia
grin.gif

Amaretto

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
You both look very smart, but then I am partial to a coloured horse!
I would certainly ride with at least a prolite type pad under the saddle or a well shaped small numnah. You can barely notice them and it might stop the bronching which sounds like it is coming from discomfort!
Also a couple of little picky things... Personally I would use a white girth if you have one, as he is mainly white on his belly and it might blend in more.
Also I would use a different show cane, I prefer a nice plain one and also a little bigger?!
Lastly, Do you have a cream shirt instead of a yellow one? I think on such a nice striking coloured horse, the rider just wants to look plain and blend in.

That all sounds a bit picky and I don't mean it that way! Think you look lovely together, but it is the little things that really make the picture perfect!

[/ QUOTE ]

Again, v picky - showing type hat, such as Charles Owen would look better
smile.gif

Horse is lovely...what does he do if you push him fwd following the bronk? Do you immediately half halt when he leaps? Could be that he doesn't want to go fwds and is bronking as an evasion, perhaps? So when you steady him, he is getting his own way?

conniegirl

Visit site
going to be very picky here about your turn out.

For a county show you need a navy velvet hat with flesh coloured straps. Just toggs do one for £40.
You also should get a shirt with a smaller collar on it.
shove your saddle further back as it is hiding his shoulder.
White girth would probably look better.
Some black makeup and highlighter round eyes and muzzle.
Take a couple of inches off his tail and pull it.

What coloured class are you entering? pony classes are not allowed spurs.

Any way i personaly dont like your saddle it is realy doing you and your horse no favors. If you are unlikely to have a judge ride then i would go for his dressage saddle instead. perticularly if this one isnt fitting properly.