Show tomorrow - what to do today?

How often do you put on a clean bra?

• Total voters

vivhewe

Visit site
I have a show tomorrow - not far from mine but to save me riding up there at 7am my cousin is picking him up tonight for me and I am stabling him there overnight.

So I need to bath him today (nice and sunny!) but then the rest I can't decide which will be best to do!

So I hereby introduce a poll!
grin.gif

Snowberry

Visit site
you? tantrum?? LMAO!!!
grin.gif

Plait him up tonight and trim all the wispy bits off tomorrow!! Put fleece on to keep him clean - otherwise you'll end up having to remove stable stains in the morning!!
shocked.gif

Go and enjoy yourself - remember to breathe and have fun
laugh.gif

Good luck
xx

vivhewe

Visit site
Cheers Zoe!
grin.gif

Looking forward to it more than anything else - get to show off my pony and wear my new Caldene breeches that are oh so expensive!
wink.gif
tongue.gif

viv x

Toby_Zaphod

Visit site
Definately plait him up am they will look much better, use some gel on them to top the whispy bits. Whatever you do do not start cutting off the whispy bits. A trainee was left to prepare a horse once & plaited up. The horse looked beautiful UNTIL the plaits were later taken out. She's cut off 'whispy bits' & the mane was left like castle battlements. She had totally ruined the mane. Rug him tonight & put a neck cover on aswell to minimise stable stains. Good Luck

amage

Visit site
before you wash give him a serious scrub with a curry comb...it'll get loadsa hair out. then wash, pat down with a hot damp towel and when he's dry curry again to get rid of excess hair

Oaksflight

Visit site
Plait tonight, do the tights thing to keep them in. Put a fleece rug on him, I wouldn't practice unless you really feel unprepared as it may bore him. And bath him, and use one of those metal sweat scraper cross hair removers to try get rid of the maltingness! And remember photos. Good luck!
grin.gif

RachelB

Visit site
lol I like this post, I'm also off to a show tomorrow!
I'm plaiting tomorrow morning, mine has to go out tonight though so she'll ruin them otherwise. Despite the inevitable stressing out as I've never plaited before and managed to pull her mane too short yesterday!
crazy.gif

Maiden is being rugged - wish I had a neck cover... she's grey!
As for the coat, I'm just about to go up to the yard and groom her and wash her until she's gleaming, but not before I go in the school and practise my canter transitions. Then again, I put don't practise as most horses would get fed up of it, but Maiden is always bored anyway unless we're jumping!
I always go to a show to do my best. I have a dressage of 57.9% to beat, mine and Maiden's best (ok, only!) score. Where I come in the class is irrelevant. I assume you're showing? If so, I'd say go to show your horse off as best you can, if you come back feeling like you've had a good ride then good, don't worry if you come last!
Good luck! :-D

Haflinger

Visit site
- Plait tonight but tidy them up if needed tomorrow.

- Rug him - not having to get rid of stable stains is one less thing to do!

- Wash them off - then if needed resort to the others!

- Don't practise anymore or he might get bored.

- Go to do your best
smile.gif

MagicMelon

Visit site
Plait wise - If Im stabling before an early start next day, I plait the mane into its section but dont roll them up then put on a lycra neck cover. I do his tail night before, spray to death with hairspray stuff then bandage. Next morning I simply roll up the plaits OR if some have gone wispy or just look crappy, I simply undo them and plait again (takes seconds).