Showing advice needed please

melissa1971

Visit site
We have a lovely welsh sec c mare who is only 12.1hh, my daughter is 11 has come of the lead rein this year and is now fancying doing some showing...

so we have a fun show in a couple of weeks nothing fancy handler class and bonny pony that type of thing,

so I have been thinking about next year now if she was shown as a welsh she would be up against the full up c's and d's and not only would pony look totally out of place but it would be too much for my daughter.

I am wondering if she was plaited up and trimmed could she go in show hunter pony instead??? ive only ever shown welshes in hand so im not sure what that class entails so if you think she would be ok to go in shp classes what does it involve, what would my daughter need to wear and what tack???

Thanks in advance for any help and advice you can give.

be positive

Visit site
It depends what level you plan on showing at,they are I think eligible for M&M 1st ridden classes at NPS shows for ponies under 12.2 riders 12 and under you will need to check the rules to see if sec.Cs can do them.
Local shows dont divide very often anyway so have a look at the schedules and see if you can find some local shows that divide on height ,the same really with SHP most smaller shows will just have one class and all heights.
Lots of shows have 1st ridden and general riding pony classes she could do.
Dont forget that once you have pulled and trimmed it will take a while to grow out if you change your mind.