Showing advice

sarah23

Visit site
I'm taking my TB to a local showing show which part of it is just for TB's. Some of the classes say blemishes and knocks not taken into account, so does that mean the other classes they have to be perfect ?

I was thinking at doing the best all-rounder class. What would the judges be looking for.

Sorry for the stupid questions but i'm not a showing person (normally a XC girl)

rockysmum

Visit site
Yes in a normal showing class blemishes would be taken into account. You can cover some of them up with make up though.

I've never seen a best all rounder class but would guess its similar to Riding Club horse. Looking for something which could turn its feet to anything. Well schooled, good confirmation, well behaved in company, good gallop and usually small jumps.

And in showing turnout is important, its part of the whole picture.

emma.is

Visit site
Yes, blemishes will be taken into account but for a class like that the paces, manners and ability will be more important. I would imagine that blemishes would only be used to separate two otherwise equal horses, whereas a scar would be more of a problem in an inhand arab class for example.