showing advice

sarah23

Visit site
I am doing my first in-hand showing show in a few weeks. I have a navy show jacket and a tweed one, which is the best one to wear and also what coloured gloves should i wear for the navy and for tweed.

Polotash

Visit site
Yes wear a riding hat. You won't be chucked out for beige gloves but they are not correct, you should wear brown (black would be better than cream if that's all you have).

I always wear cream trousers, white shirt, tie, hacking jacket, riding hat, brown gloves and jodphur boots. Your hair should be in a hair net too.

In hand bridle or normal depends on what you are leading... I'm not into showing but I have always done the following:

- foals in leather foal slips
- yearlings and two year olds in in-hand bridles (straight bar vulcanite snaffle or similar)
- three year olds in in-hand bridles or full bridles
- adults in full bridles

sarah23

Visit site
Sorry for all the question, but want to try and get it right. Don't want to look a right muppet

If I have brown gloves do I go for a brown show cane. Do I have to wear a tie or can I wear a stock. My velvet riding hat is navy will that matter.

be positive

Visit site
Navy hat is correct, a shirt and tie should be worn not a stock, ideally a brown cane but if you have black it really does not matter.

sarah23

Visit site
Thank you all for you're help.

One last question. I can borrow a friends in-hand bridle but it's black does that matter (it's for a 3 year old)

sarah23

Visit site
Sorry one more question. Someone told me a double bridle is seen to be better than just a bridle is this correct, as I have a friend that will let me borrow hers for the day. This would be for my 14yrs TB Gelding for in-hand best turned out and all rounder class.

Thanks

Polotash

Visit site
Brown is more correct than black, but it won't matter at lower level. For a 3 year old you could use your brown snaffle bridle no problem anyway.

Please don't put your 14 year old in a double if he isn't used to it! If he is then fair enough, but if not just use your snaffle. Fewer reins for you to get tangled up in too! ;0)