Showing experts - advice please!

debjcoops

New User
Visit site
Good Evening all!
I took my 6 year old daughter for a lesson tonight and a comment was made that she would be fantastic in the showing ring.
So my question is... how do I get in touch with people who may be looking for a little rider for their lead rein or first ridden ponies?
I don't have much experience of showing above local level but would be very keen to get her involved and gaining some fantastic experience!
She is riding off the lead rein in walk/trot/canter and popping small jumps.
We are located on the Wiltshire/Hampshire border.
Thank you in advance for your advice!

conniegirl

Visit site
Horse gossip forum is a showing forum mainly and has a whole section dedicated to riders wanted or offered.

WelshD

Visit site
there are lots of people with small ponies that find it impossible to find a small rider for them

HorseGossip is great as mentioned above, also try local facebook groups

Alas you are too far away from me but someone will snap your daughter up I am sure. I'm offering all expenses covered showing but still cant find anyone and I know I am far from alone!

Visit site
Why can the useful kids never be in Scotland! There are usually loads of people looking for small riders for their outgrown ponies that they just can't bear to sell.

Ormsweird

Visit site
Hm, might have to try this for my five year old as well. She loves her riding and pretty ponies are something she'd love to spend more time around!
And might buy me a bit more time before she asks more loudly for one of her own. (I can dream.)