SHOWING :: FIGURES OF 8 HELP

Frazer

Visit site
Im really stuck, I am doing a show this weekend on sunday, I am planning to do about 3 ridden classes and then one jumping class and some clear rounds. She is fit and is capable of this anyway. She is a 9 year old tb, and can be quite excitable, strong and fizzy when going to shows. I am thinking of putting a Dr Bristol (cant remember correct name) in her mouth to give me more control for the jumping. However the ridden classes she has never done before, I am doign best rider, ridden horse/hack, best ridden throuoghbred. Would I have to do my own show in all of these, also how long does the show have to be? When you change the rein do you do figures of 8 and change the bend, or do you go across diangonally. Many Thanks.. Any Help very appericated....
confused.gif

miamibear

Visit site
Your show can be whatever you want it to be but i suggest you have it planned before you go in. You just need to show all 3 paces on all 3 reins i believe, change the rein with whatever your horse is most comfortable with. Better to do what they know best than try and do something fancy and do it wrong.

There may be other things you need to do but im sure the showing people will be of more help.

Only one more thing dont make your show really short i think that always looks rushed like you dont want to be in the spotlight and thats what its all about

AmyMay

Situation normal
Visit site
I was in a showing class yesterday - and was totally thrown by having to do an individual show (the judge was supposed to be riding the horses).

One of the horses that came above me did the most beautiful show. And it was based on a figure of eight on both reins. She clearly knew what she was doing, and it was lovely to watch.

Preparation is definately the key - so practice your show well in advance (even if you are told that you won't have to do one - circumstances may dictate that you will).

Absolutely the best of luck
smile.gif

pocket

Visit site
The key to showing classes is to keep it short and sweet? Luckily now in my hunter classes, I dont have to worry, the judge rides
grin.gif

However, when I used to show Fly in M&M classes, we were required to do a show, quiet often the judge will advise on what they want to see, so you dont have to worry
grin.gif

Again keep it short and sweet as the judge will get bored
frown.gif
and dont forget to do an extended canter/gallop, bring your horse back to a walk and bow again......breath and smile
grin.gif