Showing in hand

Halfpass

Visit site
Planning on doing some in hand showing with my girl next year. So that I have plenty of time to buy things i'd like to know what equipment and clothes etc I would need. Do I need an inhand bridle and what should I wear?

Clodagh

Visit site
What breed is she? Sorry, should probably know!
blush.gif

burtie

Visit site
I showed my 3 year old in local competition horse classes in his grown up bridle and a rubber bit. It was only local stuff, but no-one commented!

Halfpass

Visit site
Now you have got me. I haven't a clue. I have never done in hand showing before so i'm not sure what classes she would qualify for.
What are the kind of classes she should do and are they easy to come acrosee, have never seen in hand showing advertised in my area.

FMM

www.absolutelymad.co.uk
For local shows you will be able to best condition, and there is bound to be a generla youngstock class which will probably be split by height. The normal turnout for these classes is dark trousers for light coloured legs and light trousers for horses with dark coloured legs. Top of the handler will be shirt, tie and tweed jacket. You should wear a hat and this can be either a beagler (i.e. no chin strap) or trilby type hat. Gloves and cane should also be carried. As a 3 year old I would not buy an in hand bridle, but simply use a standard hunter type bridle with a snaffle bit.

If she is a hunter type and you do some hunter breeding, then the above outfit will be fine. Same for riding horse breeding classes.

If you do foreign breeds or a special warmblood class, then I am sorry, but I haven't got a clue!

generally, unless you are showing some types of M&Ms or arabs, then the above outfit will be OK for most classes.