Showing Levels?

nineteen

New User
Visit site
So this might be a really stupid question, but what are the differences between the different showing levels? For example local shows, county shows, etc. I can’t seem to find anything on the shows websites, schedules, or entries that specify so how can you tell which show is what?

blitznbobs

Visit site
It’s all unwritten - but county shows are high end and are big affairs that have the classic classes - riding horse, cob, hack and hunter as well as breed classes . Local shows tend to be more general and often run by riding clubs...horse/ pony of cob type , ridden horse above 14,2 , generalised mountain and moorland etc they also usually have fun classes such as best turned out, prettiest face, pony judge would most like to take home etc etc...there are also those shows that qualify for hoys BSPS and the such like to know about these you need to do your research tbh and people spend a lot of time and money chasing a ‘ticket’ going to lots of these. If you can enter on the day it’s probably a local show... it would be an easier question to answer if I knew what you are looking for ...

nineteen

New User
Visit site
Thank you for your explanation. I’m returning to the show ring this year after many years away and the terminology is just baffling me. I’ve seen a few friends results from shows and various ones say won at county level etc. I genuinely just thought it was based geographically so I was confused when shows with local names were addressed as county shows. Your explanation of the class types explains a lot!