Showing opinion on a Welsh a and a warm blood!

xxmariexx

Visit site
Hi all,
Just needing a bit of a opinion, I've always done ok showing local and decided to attempt a county show with both end of May, but need some help, Welsh a is simple, in-hand only, mostly Welsh a but occasionally m&m should I take his mane/forelock shorter? I love his winter stallion look but I'm assuming at county level he should be a lot shorter?
Also WH with a fat warmblood 😂 I would normally go in grackle/snaffle/hunter breastplate, but I've done ridden hunter in Pelham/hunter bridle, which does he look best in? He's goes equally well in both so just wondering if judges would have a preference at county level? I'm attempting to attach pictures so people can give a opinion, please only constructive criticism, this isn't my main discipline, I just enjoy it through the summer! (Sorry limited pictures as I was struggling to get them on hear!)

The Fuzzy Furry

Getting old disgracefully
Visit site
If you are doing breed classes in hand, then its totally acceptable to have a full mane (thinned if its course) on an A, tho not on the other sections.
Its the LR & 1st/R that have pulled manes usually.
Check out WP&CS pics of winning A's in hand :)

cornbrodolly

Visit site
I would use a 'flat' hunter bridle for county level classes - they look so much nicer! Even for workers a traditional look is best , and as he goes equally well without grackle and martingale ,thats the way to go. Judges find it easier to 'see' the horse without too many straps etc.You d get away with a pelham,though most will be in a double. Best of luck!

Hannahgb

Visit site
You will see plenty of horses in grackles at county level. A judge will always prefer a snaffle to would go with that. You can use any bit/ noseband at county level so I wouldnt worry- but a simpler bit would be chosen over a pelham if scores were tied.

I would also thin and shorten the mane a little on the welsh but not as much as you would for Lead Rein etc.

xxmariexx

Visit site
Brill, so the pony can keep his locks minus a tidy up 😋
I'm still indecisive about tack for warmblood.....am I allowed to swap tack for jump and show? I'd prefere to jump in grackle/snaffle/martingale, but I do prefer the traditional look, I was under the impression I had to stick to the same tack for both parts, in which case I may go for the traditional look, but if I'm allowed to swap I could jump in one set and show in the other, I've got a show saddle I've used for ridden hunter but I wouldn't want to jump in it 😳
Omg the decisions 😭 I'm not doing county again I've been pulling my hair out!!!

xxmariexx

Visit site
Ok, that's what I thought, I asked a judge at a riding club show if I should swap and she was very convincing with no as the answer but some people had me wonder otherwise! Shame though as I'm back to trying to make a decision ��