Showing outfit dilemma

dumpling

Visit site
Im looking to buy a new showing hat for this season, I can't decide whether to buy blue or brown velvet though.

I compete mainly in coloured classes, and I have a 14hh 'native' piebald pony.

My dress is : brown tweed with subtle red check, canary shirt with burgundy tie and yellow spots, canary breeches and long black boots.

My boy has a made to measure black double bridle but a dark Havana show saddle, so do you think I should get a dark Havana bridle to match and then get the brown velvet hat so everything matches?

I've never been commented on for different coloured tack and it's not that noticeable.

I know brown hats are harder/dearer to come by, but I have some Xmas money and I'd sell my current show hat towards it.

Chunkie

Visit site
If you don't intend changing your jacket, buy the brown hat.

As for changing the bridle - it depends what level you show at. I wouldn't bother personally, but then I only do local riding clubs and small agricultural shows. If the saddle is dark, is the difference very noticeable?

dumpling

Visit site
I just got the tweed towards the end of last summer, it's the only one I've had that's fitted the best .

I wouldn't say the tack is noticeable at all, I think the black looks better on his head as he has more of a black head with a little white snip going up it and blue eyes , so I think the brown would look out of place perhaps.

minesadouble

Visit site
I would always go for a navy hat for showing no matter what colour tweed, and I would also try to get matching bridle for your saddle too :)