Showing peeps-advise please

Marquire

Visit site
I'm planning on doing an unaffiliated showing show with my boy at the end of August. Having looked at the Schedule I could do Lightweight Hunter classes (in hand and ridden) or Riding horse classes (in hand and ridden). We've done both in the past (not at the same show obviously) and he tends to get placed in both categories.

What do you think he suits best? He's the bay in my signature strip and is 168cm, Irish and we mostly do dressage but he also jumps like a stag!

Thankies,

M

gummybear

Visit site
Bit difficult to see as the photos arent that big, but why not do both?! My old horse was kind of in between the 2, and I used to enter both classes (at the same show - why not?!) and he was always placed in both classes. I think at local level you can get away with it more and the judges are quite accepting. If you only want to do 1, and you say that he is irish - the I personally would do the Hunter class. If he jumps like a stag - have you though about a working hunter class if they have one?

Marquire

Visit site
No working hunter unfortunately at the show and you can only do hunter or ridden horse class not both so you see my dilemma.

I've posted 2 bigger pictures of him below.

Dressage14-15thJuly005.jpg

AreaDressagePresentations0008.jpg