Showing Q and Dressage/showing jackets!

Welshie95

Visit site
Hi all,
Have entered a little local show with my welsh part bred for both in hand and ridden M&M partbred classes, only ever done a little in hand so not too sure of dress code, am I right in thinking cream shirt and jods, black boots, burgundy tie, velvet hat (hair in bun), brown gloves and navy jacket, and for horse, trimmed (currently fully clipped) and plaited with discreet numnah and plain bridle (only have black tack)?

Secondly, searching for a nice new jacket, my old charity shop black one doesn't do me any favours so I'd like to find a nice new navy one so I can use it for both dressage and showing. I am short (5"3) and big chested so any recommendations would be appreciated!

Visit site
For showing it would depend on what section your horse fits into as to what colour jacket you would wear. And also you age. If you are over 16 then breeches and long boots on anything 14.2hh and up. If built like a show pony or hack then blue jacket. If built like anything else then a tweed jacket is correct

Welshie95

Visit site
I'm 21 and he is 15.1. He is built like a slightly heavier hack, part arab so slightly dished head but short neck of a welsh, small hind end, blaze with four white socks. I don't know how to attach photos I'm afraid :(

I might have done it...
attachment.php

He has lost weight since this photo and legs have been fully clipped

Last edited:

conniegirl

Visit site
Sorry but id put him in the riding horse class, very deffinatly not a hack!
Tweed jacket, long black boots for ridden, cream/beige/pale canary jods. Navy hat.
You get to wear a ribbon browband though!

Crackerz

Visit site
I would go with plain browband if in a part bred M&M class, he doesn't look to fit in to a RH type but a different pic could show otherwise.

Defo tweed though, not navy - i do dressage in my tweed :)

conniegirl

Visit site
Personaly i dont think he has enough bone or substance for a hunter so i would go with the ribbon browband

McFluff

Visit site
Can't help with type and turnout, but I'm a similar shape (hourglass) and found that pikeur jackets fitted best (and I tried many, many jackets at Olympia!). I loved a tweed pikeur jacket... Ended up with a black one as better for what I needed. Think it was the Epsom.