Showing Q - M & M type classes

Spot_the_Risk

www.animalcrackersdevon.co.uk
Quick question - can a M&M part bred go into a M&M type class - I'm confused as to what the criteria is! For example, we have a 3/4 Sec D filly, with spots, (in signature) could she do the type class or would we be thrown out!!

Thankies!

trendybraincell

Visit site
If its a local show and she's got the bone then you might be ok as its a "type" class...but personally if its not a registered pure breed don't go in the class.

QUICKFIRE

Visit site
I guess this is refering to moreton show, My interpretation of that class would be for part bred m+m, but I think it will depend on the Judge, heyho, welcome to showing.

ester

Not slacking multitasking
Visit site
are we on M+M need not be registered but must be true to type or

M+M partbred (which no one really does round here)

If its the first then no I wouldn't do that with her, the judge would have to ask which M+M was in her and having done plenty of stewarding there is nothing worse than having horses in an M+M class that cannot be identified to anything as it makes it very difficult to judge.

I would stick to other classes with her

Spot_the_Risk

Thanks everyone and Quickfire yes it is Moreton show, it's her first show, so she'll be in the 1, 2 and 3 year old class, I was just trying to work out if there was enythng else she could go in for a bit of experience.

ester - the schedule says M & M type, in hand, any age, may be divided into small and large breeds, have also just read that for that class they need not be registered with the breed society but must be true to type - note to self, read the schedule thoroughly, also having looked at the schedule it clashes with the youngstock class anyway - doh to me!

Thanks everyone!

PennyJ

Visit site
Is she quite "typey" (apart from the spots LOL)

Hard one really, you might be better phoning the secretary about this one. I would have thought you would be OK, but by the sound of it, you've found a more suitable class for her anyway.

ester

Not slacking multitasking
Visit site
yup I would say that they are after pure breds or v nearly then (or that at least very much look like them) and she would be much better off in youngstock. coloured, potential comp horse etc. M+M classes are often very full!

have fun

QUICKFIRE

Visit site
What about class 18 in hand colourds and class 25 for experiance, as she has been well handled since birth should be like a walk in the park,

Spot_the_Risk

Quickfire, I wish I knew who you were!

We didn't fancy spending all day there, also someone pointed out (rightly, I felt) that in a class of youngsters, youthful high spirits may be forgiven, whereas in an 'adult' class they may be frowned on a bit more. If she does one class, and has a bit of a walk around that'll be enough, there are plenty of shows coming up!

QUICKFIRE

Visit site
lol you do know me,
grin.gif
your hubby delivered to me at northmoor when the car was ill, I,ll say hello at the show, daughter is taking her mare.