Showing questions help please....

miamibear

Visit site
Got first show in about 3 weeks.

There are only 2 possible classes for us, im going anyway even if i dont enter because its only a hack away. So i thought i may aswell put the effort in and enter.

Its a very small affair and the classes are 1) Ridden horse over 14.2hh 2) School master over 14.2hh

What will be expected of me in each class. What is a school master i.e what will be expected?

Can anyone advice - so i can see if we are suitable!

Thanks guys

juliehannah58

Visit site
Go to:

www.theshowring.co.uk

then on the forums, brilliant source of info for showing!

Good luck
smile.gif

pocket

Visit site
I would imagine these classes will be like a general riding classes. You will have to go into the ring as a group and be asked to walk/trot/canter on both reins.

You will probably be asked to do a simple display showing the above on both reins, don't do anything fancy like rein back etc, its really not necessary. The judge might even say what they want you to do.

You may be asked to strip the horse to show in hand, for conformation. Don't worry you will be suitable, the school master I would imagine is a been there done it and got the T shirt type class.

Have a go and enjoy yourself, good luck and have fun, breath and smile
grin.gif

Doreys_Mum

Visit site
walk, trot, canter, poss extended canter and your own show.

MIGHT do rein back, depends on the judge, and as you're doing school master it might appear in that one along with a small jump.
Ridden horse shouldn't have rein back and won't have a jump.

Doesn't matter if they do tho.... Dorey and I came third in a show where our rein back was simply me asking and dorey looking at me in disgust, ah well!

TBH tho, and don't take this wrong, there'll probably be someone more experienced at showing ahead of you in the line up, so keep your eyes peeled on what they do. No matter how often I practise, I always base my shows on what I've seen.

Oh, and trot on the diagonals between changing the rein during canter, fancy changes aren't necessary and it gives you a chance to get your breath back, lol!