showing riding horse classes...help please

spike123

Visit site
Tomorrow I am going to be having my first attempt at riding horse.It is a riding club show and I was going to do working hunter but as I was unable to get a tweed jacket in time I have decided to try the Riding horse class instead.I know I am likely to have to do a small individual show which is fine.I do have some questions though which I am unsure about.
1) is my horse allowed to wear boots?
2)I only have a jumping saddle to use and intend to bit him in a hanging cheek snaffle rather than his usual 3 ring bit. I am unsure though which colour numnah would be acceptable for this class.
3) would white gloves be acceptable in this class.I am wearing a black jacket.

icestationzebra

Visit site
No boots. Snaffle, rugby pelham with two reins or a double bride but def not a 3 ring bit. no martingale or breastplate either. Plain cavesson noseband. numnah should be discreet and same colour as your saddle. Def no to white gloves - should be brown with brown show cane.......

Good luck!

spike123

Visit site
ok think I will have to find the tack stand once I get there then...lol.Thankyou for the advice its really great.I will let you know how it goes tomorrow once I get home.

Visit site
At RC level I wouldn't worry too much if you haven't got all of the gear, it is about trying it out etc. I wouldn't suggest going in any qualifying classes without the correct kit though.

I would advise that you try to get your tack spot on (as the others have told you) ditch the white gloves, but you might be able to get away with the black jacket - depends how big the show is really. Our RC would encourage 'first timers'.

Good luck

spike123

Visit site
Well I got to the show and brought all the right gear but unfortunately missed the class. I was doing the 2'9 jumping class and got through to the jump off.I had to wait quite a while as I was last to go and unfortunately in the time the class I was jumping in was running the riding horse class went ahead without me.So it looks as though I will have to wait for another day to have a try.I did come 5th though which I am really pleased with as the course was both spooky and very tight and I was the only rider on a horse to place out of over 40 entries.