Showing the horse a fence in show-jumping-what is the rule?

Lolo

Visit site
We have recently seen competitors showing their horse a tricky fence before the bell goes when show jumping- including someone at Houghton at the weekend.
I am sure there is a rule against this, but cant find it in either the BSJA book or the BE book.

So, is there a rule or is it a figment of my imagination?

jess_asterix

Visit site
Any fence i think my horse might have a good look at i show it to them. Never been pulled up on it
smile.gif

DuckToller

Visit site
There was a post on this a while ago, and I recall that the rule about not showing the horse a fence was removed relatively recently. So not a figment of your imagination at all!

Now you can show the horse a fence, but if you are jumping unaffiliated I suspect that some local shows may not know the rule has been changed and could eliminate you.

Grey_Eventer

Visit site
In PC we always trot round, then walk past the spooky ones, or do a particuarly wobbly turn infront of it so they see it! never been pulled up for it and a lot do it! its also allowed at BSJA, i always give my horse a good trot round so he can see any spooky fillers etc. etc.

BSJAforLIFE

Visit site
Today I did PC showjumping and I showed my ponio both parts of a spooky double, which i was allowed to do so im guessing its ok
grin.gif

I've seen alot of people doing this in BSJA aswell.
smile.gif
x