Showing - Turnout Qs. Please help!

cliodhna

Visit site
Hi everyone,
Quick question - I was away at the weekend and came across a really pretty button hole. It is a fairly discrete size and is plain red. Pretty though and nicely made. Thing is, I am an adult (slightly in denial though apparently). Anyway, I bought the button hole...would it be a complete no-no for me to wear it with tweed in a Connemara class? I know they're for show ponies and not required for adult classes...but are they forbidden? Basically my question is, could I get away with wearing it? It matches my tie and I think it adds a little pop of colour!
Thank you!

Pinkvboots

Visit site
I would not wear one as an adult I think they are fine for kids and thats it, and I really cannot stand the ones that match the coloured browbands on Adults they are just wrong.

Sorry but thats just my opinion if you like it you wear it.

Carrots&Mints

Visit site
No, connie classes plain tweed. Please don't go in the ring with your button hole on youll just look daft lol!! And don't turn into one of those h&h's that know they are wearing the wrong tack/attire then get placed at the bottom of the line up and then come on here saying they hate showing and its rules!!! lol really winds me up!! haha :)

Have fun and enjoy showing, its a great thing to get into!! :)