Showing...

welshpony

Visit site
My sister is thinking of entering the 'Pony Club Pony' class at a local show next Sunday, however the pony she will be riding (mine) is a Welsh C, so should he be plaited up or not?

CastleMouse

Visit site
I'd leave him unplaited
smile.gif

welshpony

Visit site
Also, what sort of things do you have to show in a M+M ridden class? Thinking of entering Charlie in that too, but we've never really done showing before.

partyangel

www.freewebs.com
in pony club pony you maybe required to jump a jump and perform an individual show, this is basically walk away, trot along the long side of the ring, canter half a circle, trot across the diagonal, canter in the corner, and along the short side of ring going behind the other ponies, then extend the canter along the back, before the returning to canter at the end of the long side then trot then halt and salute.
laugh.gif
hope you understand lol,
leave pony unplaited, wear a tweed jacket, with shirt and tie, pref cream shirt (if you have a white shirt put it in the wash with several yellow dusters)
in the m&m class your pony will be required to wear a plain flat noseband and browband, and you will be required to wear brown jodpher boots with jodpher clips.

pocket

Visit site
HI, Welsh ponies should always be shown au natural
grin.gif
But if you want to show some effort in your presentation of a Welshie then do one simple fine plait behind his ear. This shows off their jaw and beautiful heads.

With my D, I used to thread some fine gold ribbon through the plait and add a tiny gold bow, looked lovely as he was Palomino. Or you could do it to match the colour in your jacket, accessories etc
wink.gif

peapod

Visit site
Yes, you have to do an individual show - showing trot and canter on both reins - but keep it nice and short!

Caz

community.webshots.com
Really they should be plaited for non-native showing classes, but when I showed my New Forest pony in classes that were meant to be plaited I tended to leave him natural, purely because I often had a M&M class afterwards and didn't want his mane to be a curly mess where it had been plaited!

I think as long as they look neat and presentable it shouldn't matter if it's not plaited up if it's a native pony.

With regards to the individual show for M&M classes, yes you do have to do one but keep it fairly simple. I normally do a figure of 8 - walk away from the judge then trot at the track, across the diagonal in a nice extended trot (if you can do it), canter at the corner, trot across the diagonal again, canter at the corner and an extended canter down the long side, bring them back to walk, halt and salute the judge. Hope that made sense! Essentially it's just a figure of 8 miostly in canter, but trot across the diagnoal to change the rein. Just make sure you get to show all your pony's paces at their best without it being too long.

Good luck!