Showjumpin WEG shortlist announced

Santa_Claus

www.katiemortimore.com
Nick Skelton from Claverdon, Warwickshire riding the Hales Family’s, Arko III

John Whitaker from Huddersfield, West Yorkshire riding Rebecca Stones’, Peppermill

Michael Whitaker from Whatton, Notts riding Gillespie Equestrian’s, Insul Tech Portofino 63 and his own, Mozart des Hayettes

Tim Gredley from Newmarket, Suffolk riding Rowena Gredley’s, Omelli

Robert Smith from Shrewley, Warwickshire riding Di and Pennie Cornish’s, Marius Claudius

William Funnell from Dorking Surrey riding Julie Slade’s, Cortaflex Mondriaan

I thought they were allowed more than 6 riders at this stage? I was suprised at the shortness of the short list because i 'thought' up to 8 could be named to be cut down to 5 after the RIHS!?

Katie

RunToEarth

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
I thought they were allowed more than 6 riders at this stage? I was suprised at the shortness of the short list because i 'thought' up to 8 could be named to be cut down to 5 after the RIHS!?

[/ QUOTE ]
Yes I was under that impression, I was very confused when I saw the list, but I was told that they were doing things abit different this time?
confused.gif

RunToEarth

Visit site
One of the reasons that ellen wasnt on it is because of the uncertainty that she would have Larry for the event, due to the legal battle they were in over ownership dispute.

CastleMouse

Visit site
I think this'll be the eventual team:
Nick Skelton from Claverdon, Warwickshire riding the Hales Family’s, Arko III

John Whitaker from Huddersfield, West Yorkshire riding Rebecca Stones’, Peppermill

Michael Whitaker from Whatton, Notts riding Gillespie Equestrian’s, Insul Tech Portofino 63 and his own, Mozart des Hayettes

William Funnell from Dorking Surrey riding Julie Slade’s, Cortaflex Mondriaan

X

xspiralx

I wouldn't choose Nick Skelton personally! Arko is fab, but everytime I watch him in something big he always seems to have 4 or 8 faults

Rambo

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
I wouldn't choose Nick Skelton personally! Arko is fab, but everytime I watch him in something big he always seems to have 4 or 8 faults

[/ QUOTE ]

But they're the most successful GB combination for the past 2 seasons, and Arko's winnings alone are more than pretty much all the other top horses in this country put together
crazy.gif
Perhaps (politely) suggest you don't watch then
tongue.gif