Shredded paper bedding?

Micky

Visit site
Does anyone in the Cheshire/Manchester area know where I can get hold of shredded paper bedding please? And not ridiculous prices (last one I looked at w £20!)
Many thanks

Mince Pie

Visit site
Do you have any friends who work in an office? I get free shredded paper from my neighbour as she brings it home from work (I use it for starting my fire at home).

poiuytrewq

Visit site
When I worked in an office I got and used free shredding paper and tbh found it pretty awful!
It's no where near as good as proper baled paper (which I love and find easiest to muck out) it was very heavy, went solid and was very dusty at first.
-

PolarSkye

Visit site
For a while we used shredded money (yes, really) - can't remember the name of the supplier. It's really light, fluffy and white (the money is bleached before it's shredded). It is great for fluffing up beds, but it isn't hugely absorbent for really messy/wet horses (i.e., mine). We mixed it with traditional shavings (large and small flake) to keep the beds light, but I wouldn't necessarily use it on its own.

P

Sealine

Visit site
If you want to use shredded paper as bedding you don't want office paper you want shredded newspaper. Newspaper is soft and absorbent. I used to be on a yard where we had an old heavy duty shredder and shredded our own bedding. Great bedding but very time consuming as we had to rip paper up before shredding. Sorry but I've no idea if you can buy it ready shredded.

poiuytrewq

Visit site
You can, we have bales of shredded newspaper at work. It's about £7 a bale or as least it was last time I bought it.
Totally dust free fabulous bedding. Sadly I'm not allowed to use it as it "blows around too much" grr :(

Micropony

Visit site
For a while we used shredded money (yes, really) - can't remember the name of the supplier. It's really light, fluffy and white (the money is bleached before it's shredded). It is great for fluffing up beds, but it isn't hugely absorbent for really messy/wet horses (i.e., mine). We mixed it with traditional shavings (large and small flake) to keep the beds light, but I wouldn't necessarily use it on its own.

P

We had that stuff for a while. Horrible bedding, not very absorbent and half the yard got thrush. Was very pleased when they changed back to shavings!

PippaB

New User
Visit site
Does anyone in the Cheshire/Manchester area know where I can get hold of shredded paper bedding please? And not ridiculous prices (last one I looked at w £20!)
Many thanks

Hi, we are a company in East Yorkshire which have been manufacturing paper bedding and selling nationwide for over 20 years - our website is www.signford.co.uk or give me a bell on 07932 163778. Thanks, Alastair Brown